- Afrilec maintained its lead in the highly fragmented channel of non-grocery retailers in Cameroon during 2012. This success was thanks to the considerable goodwill that the company has already generated and its dedication to satisfying its customers through making a wide variety of appliances available under various different brand names at affordable unit prices. The company’s outlets benefit from a workforce of well informed and highly skilled sales assistants, who are always present on the shop floor to help customers with their enquiries and to assist them in making the best final purchasing decision. The offer of warranties also helps to assuage any concerns that consumers might have about the perceived risks of purchasing consumer appliances and makes the purchasing process easier. Afrilec is also known for offering genuine high-quality goods rather than the cheap imitations which are all too common in Africa, which means the retailer has a very favourable reputation among consumers and suppliers alike. Many non-grocery retailers outlets in Cameroon compromise on quality and offer cheap Chinese-made goods which are imitations of the leading brands and this discourages many Cameroonians from spending money on non-grocery items.
- As modernisation slowly dictates the evolution of Cameroonian society, increasing numbers of Cameroonian consumers are expected to develop a taste for the products offered through non-grocery retailers channels. Non-grocery retailers is set to increase in constant value at a CAGR of 5% over the forecast period. The majority of Cameroonian households need to be furnished with basic equipment such as cookers, fridges, televisions and automatic washing machines, which is set to boost demand for electronics and appliance specialist retailers over the forecast period. Apparel specialist retailers outlets is another channel which is expected to record increases in value sales during the forecast period as thousands of Chinese business people are flocking to Cameroon, while health and beauty specialist retailers is set to benefit from the rising awareness of female beauty and glamour in Cameroon, which is part of the ongoing Westernisation of Cameroonian society. These changes are almost certain to have a positive influence over value sales in non-grocery retailers in Cameroon over the forecast period.
Delivery method: instant download
Report format: PDF (download a sample)
Market statistics: Excel workbook (download a sample)
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Cameroon, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Non-Grocery Retailers in Cameroon market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How is discretionary spending affecting non-grocery retailing in Cameroon?
- Are non-grocery channels losing out to the growth of such products in grocery retailing?
- How is non-grocery retailing coming under pressure from non-store channels?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Retailing market research database.
Table of Contents
Non-Grocery Retailers in Cameroon - Category Analysis
- Chart 1 Non-Grocery Retailers: OO Clothing and Apparel Retail Specialist Mango in Douala
- Chart 2 Non-Grocery Retailers: OO Clothing and Apparel Retail Specialist Etam in Douala
- Chart 3 Non-Grocery Retailers: OO Department Stores ORCA in Douala
- Table 1 Sales in Non-Grocery Retailers by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Non-Grocery Retailers Outlets by Channel: Units 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales in Non-Grocery Retailers by Channel: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Non-Grocery Retailers Outlets by Channel: % Unit Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 Non-Grocery Retailers Company Shares: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 Non-Grocery Retailers Brand Shares: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Non-Grocery Retailers Brand Shares: Outlets 2009-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales in Non-Grocery Retailers by Channel: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Non-Grocery Retailers Outlets by Channel: Units 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales in Non-Grocery Retailers by Channel: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Non-Grocery Retailers Outlets by Channel: % Unit Growth 2012-2017
Non-Grocery Retailers in Cameroon - Company Profiles
Afrilec Sarl in Retailing (Cameroon)
- Summary 1 Afrilec Sarl : Key Facts
- Summary 2 Afrilec Sarl: Competitive Position 2012
SOCSUBA in Retailing (Cameroon)
- Summary 3 SOCSUBA: Key Facts
Retailing in Cameroon - Industry Context
Retailing in Cameroon continues to see strong growth during the review period.
Independent small grocers remains a popular retailing channel in Cameroon
Non-grocery retailing is encouraged by rising urbanisation and Westernisation
The competitive environment remains fragmented
Significant growth in store-based retailing expected during the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Strong economic performance drives growth in retailing
A relatively young population promises to boost the retailing Industry
Increased Urbanisation drives growth in Cameroon’s retailing industry
Foreign direct investment in Cameroon hindered by poor administrative and judicial systems
Independent small grocers is the most popular retailing channel in Cameroon
- Table 12 Employment in Retailing 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales in Retailing by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales in Retailing by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales in Retailing by Grocery vs Non-Grocery: 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales in Store-Based Retailing by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 17 Store-Based Retailing Outlets by Channel: Units 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales in Store-Based Retailing by Channel: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 19 Store-Based Retailing Outlets by Channel: % Unit Growth 2007-2012
- Table 20 Retailing Company Shares: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 21 Retailing Brand Shares: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 22 Store-Based Retailing Company Shares: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 23 Store-Based Retailing Brand Shares: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 24 Store-Based Retailing Brand Shares: Outlets 2009-2012
- Table 25 Forecast Sales in Retailing by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 26 Forecast Sales in Retailing by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 27 Forecast Sales in Store-Based Retailing by Channel: Value 2012-2017
- Table 28 Forecast Store-Based Retailing Outlets by Channel: Units 2012-2017
- Table 29 Forecast Sales in Store-Based Retailing by Channel: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 30 Forecast Store-Based Retailing Outlets by Channel: % Unit Growth 2012-2017
Cash and carry
- Summary 4 Research Sources