- Non-grocery retailing enjoyed positive growth in Pakistan during 2013, much of which was due to the ongoing increase in the size of the Pakistani population and rising income levels. Rising spending power is yet another reason for consumers investing more in the non-essential items offered by non-grocery retailers. Despite the government of Pakistan significantly increasing taxes during 2013, with the GST levied on apparel rising from 2% to 5%, growth in non-grocery retailing was not hindered to any significant extent.
- There are myriad independent retailers covering all non-grocery retailers channels in Pakistan, resulting in a high degree of fragmentation in the category. This makes it very difficult or even impossible to assess the competitive environment in the channel with any accuracy.
- Non-grocery retailing in Pakistan is expected to register strong growth during the forecast period as the economic situation in the country is set to improve over the coming years. In addition, falling inflation is expected to boost consumer spending throughout the forecast period.
Delivery method: instant download
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Pakistan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Non-Grocery Retailers industry in Pakistan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Non-Grocery Retailers in Pakistan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How is discretionary spending affecting non-grocery retailing in Pakistan?
- Are non-grocery channels losing out to the growth of such products in grocery retailing?
- How is non-grocery retailing coming under pressure from non-store channels?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Retailing market research database.
Table of Contents
Non-Grocery Retailers in Pakistan - Category Analysis
- Chart 1 Non-Grocery Retailers: Levis, Apparel Specialist Retailer
- Chart 2 Non-Grocery Retailers: Yellow, Apparel Specialist Retailer
- Chart 3 Non-Grocery Retailers: The Body Shop, Beauty Specialist Retailer
- Chart 4 Non-Grocery Retailers: Salims Living, Furniture and Homeware Store
- Chart 5 Non-Grocery Retailers: Debenhams, Department store
- Chart 6 Non-Grocery Retailers: Lifestyle, Jewellery and Watch Specialist Retailer
- Chart 7 Non-Grocery Retailers: Mothercare, Leisure and Personal Good Specialist Retailer
- Table 1 Non-Grocery Retailers: Value Sales, Outlets and Selling Space 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales in Non-Grocery Retailers by Channel: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Non-Grocery Retailers Outlets by Channel: Units 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales in Non-Grocery Retailers by Channel: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Non-Grocery Retailers Outlets by Channel: % Unit Growth 2008-2013
- Table 6 Non-Grocery Retailers Company Shares: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 7 Non-Grocery Retailers Brand Shares: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 8 Non-Grocery Retailers Brand Shares: Outlets 2010-2013
- Table 9 Non-Grocery Retailers Brand Shares: Selling Space 2010-2013
- Table 10 Non-Grocery Retailers Forecasts: Value Sales, Outlets and Selling Space 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales in Non-Grocery Retailers by Channel: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Non-Grocery Retailers Outlets by Channel: Units 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales in Non-Grocery Retailers by Channel: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Non-Grocery Retailers Outlets by Channel: % Unit Growth 2013-2018
Non-Grocery Retailers in Pakistan - Company Profiles
Waqar Traders Pvt Ltd in Retailing (Pakistan)
- Summary 1 Waqar Traders Pvt Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Waqar Traders Pvt Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Waqar Traders Pvt Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Retailing in Pakistan - Industry Context
Retailing witness growth despite challenges
Traditional grocery retailers continue to dominate retailing
Independent retailers aggressively compete with modern grocery retailers
Hypermarkets value sales growth rate outgrow traditional grocery retailers
Positive economic indicators are set to drive growth in retailing
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Positive consumer sentiment as economy grows due to government incentives
Foreign investments witness a recovery
Young population defines the new retailing landscape
The amount of retail shelf space devoted to imported grocery items grows rapidly
Government-run Utility Store remains at the centre of grocery retailing in Pakistan
- Table 15 Employment in Retailing 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales in Retailing by Channel: Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales in Retailing by Channel: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 Sales in Retailing by Grocery vs Non-Grocery: 2008-2013
- Table 19 Sales in Store-Based Retailing by Channel: Value 2008-2013
- Table 20 Store-Based Retailing Outlets by Channel: Units 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales in Store-Based Retailing by Channel: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 22 Store-Based Retailing Outlets by Channel: % Unit Growth 2008-2013
- Table 23 Retailing Company Shares: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 24 Retailing Brand Shares: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 25 Store-Based Retailing Company Shares: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 26 Store-Based Retailing Brand Shares: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 27 Store-Based Retailing Brand Shares: Outlets 2010-2013
- Table 28 Forecast Sales in Retailing by Channel: Value 2013-2018
- Table 29 Forecast Sales in Retailing by Channel: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 30 Forecast Sales in Store-Based Retailing by Channel: Value 2013-2018
- Table 31 Forecast Store-Based Retailing Outlets by Channel: Units 2013-2018
- Table 32 Forecast Sales in Store-Based Retailing by Channel: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 33 Forecast Store-Based Retailing Outlets by Channel: % Unit Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 4 Standard Opening Hours by Channel Type 2013
Cash and carry
- Table 34 Cash and Carry: Sales Value 2008-2013
- Table 35 Cash and Carry: Number of Outlets by National Brand Owner 2010-2013
- Summary 5 Research Sources