- Statistics show that the number of smokers increases annually in Kazakhstan and in 2012 the rate of increase was set at 1% compared to the previous year, reaching over 1,391,000 people. The government is actively seeking to reduce the number of smokers in the country. The public smoking ban, which came into force in late 2009 and the rise in excise tax in 2010 turned out to be less effective, since the number of smoking population rises on an annually basis. A number of very strong anti-smoking commercials were broadcast on television during the review period. This encourages others, mostly urban dwellers to re-think their smoking habits. They have become less and less convinced that smoking is healthy. NRT cessation aids are a good remedy and choice for them.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc retained its leadership with a value share of over 59% despite a slight decline it encountered towards the end of review period largely due to the penetration of other brands through wider distribution coverage. GlaxoSmithKline Plc with its Nicorette brand has led this category for several years, and it is available in all pharmaceutical stores.
- Over the forecast period, regulations towards toughening the stance against smoking will continue to be implemented by the government of Kazakhstan. New restrictions on smoking and wide anti-smoking campaigns are likely to affect cessation positively; nevertheless, it will not boost sales of NRT smoking cessation aids significantly.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Kazakhstan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Kazakhstan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Kazakhstan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Kazakhstan?
- What are the major brands in Kazakhstan?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Kazakhstan - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Kazakhstan - Industry Context
Consumer health growth slightly higher than the review period
Unit prices remain stable in 2012
International companies dominate and sustain leadership
Chemists/pharmacies is dominant distribution channel
Stronger forecast value sales envisaged
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
General health and wellness trend positively effects consumer health in Kazakhstan
Pharmaceutical channel increasingly concentrated
Rapid urbanisation impacts consumer health market
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC Healthcare Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources