- Value sales for NRT smoking cessation aids increased by 6% in 2012, below the review period CAGR of 7% and 2011 growth of 8%. The New Zealand government introduced significant change to tobacco excise taxation during 2010, which increase the cost of cigarettes and other tobacco products by approximately 30% between 2010 and 2012. As a result of these changes, there was a surge in the number of consumers opting to quit smoking; a development which boosted NRT smoking cessation aids value sales. This effect demonstrated signs of abatement during 2012, which resulted in lower value growth in 2012.
- Which company/ies and brands lead sales in 2012 and why?
- The New Zealand government has made a commitment to becoming smoke-free by 2025. Consequently, smoking in New Zealand is becoming increasingly taboo, with consumers facing rising excise taxes and retail display bans to curb smoking behaviour. As a result, the total number of smokers is expected to drop from 659,970 in 2012 to 586,360 by 2016.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in New Zealand?
- What are the major brands in New Zealand?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in New Zealand - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in New Zealand - Industry Context
Consumer health value sales increase during 2012
Consumer focus shifts away from treatment to prevention
Vitaco Health Ltd leads New Zealand consumer health industry
Chemists/pharmacies remain the most popular distribution channel in 2012
New Zealand consumer health industry to grow over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
New Zealand’s ageing population boosts demand for consumer health products
The Natural Health and Supplementary Products Bill takes shape
Public health campaigns drive growth in health and fitness trends
Tobacco legislation impacts positively on NRT smoking cessation
Natural healing and prevention continues to be popular with New Zealand consumers
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources