- Every year in January, detailed tax rates on tobacco are amended for movements in the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Also, a number of new laws were introduced in early 2010 by the New Zealand government regarding increases in tobacco excise taxes between 2010 and 2012. This resulted in increases in the specific tax rate on tobacco on 29 April 2010, 1 January 2011 and 1 January 2012, in addition to CPI adjustments. The specific tax rate for cigarettes was NZD490.11 per 1,000 cigarettes in January 2013, rising even further in January 2014 to reach a rate of NZD545.39. The New Zealand government intends to continue this campaign until 2016.
- Johnson & Johnson Pacific (NZ) led NRT smoking cessation aids in 2014, with a value share of 68%. The company distributes the popular Nicorette brand within New Zealand, which includes gum, patches, inhalators, microtabs and Nicorette Quickmist Mouth Spray (other NRT). The company holds a monopoly within inhalators and other NRT. Nicorette NRT gum can be purchased in grocery retailers. The company’s value sales were on par with 2013 value sales, standing at NZD13 million in 2014.
- The New Zealand government has made a commitment to become smoke-free by 2025, with the aim that the smoking prevalence rate across all populations in New Zealand will be less than 5%. Consequently, consumers have faced rising excise taxes and retail display bans to curb smoking. The New Zealand government has stated that these policies to stem the supply of tobacco and cigarettes will continue to tighten until 2025. This commitment by the government is expected to boost sales of NRT smoking cessation aids during the forecast period, predominantly due to increasing excise taxes.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in New Zealand?
- What are the major brands in New Zealand?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in New Zealand - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Consumer Health in New Zealand - Industry Context
Positive performance driven by health trends in consumer health during 2014
Grocery retailers increases in importance over the review period
Vitaco Health NZ maintains its leading position in 2014
Internet retailing maintains its significance during the review period
Modest value growth anticipated for consumer health in New Zealand
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Age segmentation is prevalent in vitamins and dietary supplements
Grocery retailers increases in significance during the review period
The health and wellbeing trends continue to drive consumers’ purchasing behaviour in 2014
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources