- Major changes in tobacco legislation took place in Russia from June 2013 in order to decrease the number of smokers in the country. Many bans came into force prohibiting smoking in any medical or educational institutions or on long-distance trains. All public transport and open-air areas close to public transport entrances have become free-from-tobacco zones. Many institutions, which attract large numbers of people, and the areas near to them are prohibition zones for smokers as from 2013. The government has also imposed stricter fines for trespassers and continues to increase excise duties. Minimum prices for tobacco products are also regulated by the government. Major antitobacco legislation has led to highly unfavourable conditions for smokers and, thus, a decreasing number of them. The total number of adult smokers in Russia decreased by 2% in 2013 and is expected to continue to show similar dynamics.
- Johnson & Johnson OOO led NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013. Its strongly recognisable brand, Nicorette, allows the company to be the undisputable leading player with only one strong competitor, Niquitin from GlaxoSmithKline Healthcare ZAO. Nicorette was among the first to enter NRT smoking cessation aids many years ago and yet it is perceived as a product, not a brand. Similar products with different brand names may be called “Nicorette”.
- NRT smoking cessation aids in Russia is expected to record a 7% CAGR in respect of value sales at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. Its strong performance will be in line with the increasing number of people looking for easy ways to get rid of the smoking habit. The strict legislation will push more people to quit smoking and will potentially improve demand for NRT smoking cessation aids.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Russia?
- What are the major brands in Russia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Russia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Russia - Industry Context
Consumer health continues healthy growth tendency
Weight management still fastest developing
Direct sellers become stronger within consumer health
Chemists/pharmacies remains the core distribution channel
Vitamins and dietary supplements to witness healthy development
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Targeting a particular audience gains popularity
Changing legislation pushes manufacturers towards new standards
Chemists/pharmacies holds the prevailing position in Russian consumer health
Local manufacturers strive to compete with international consumer health players
CITY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by City: Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by City: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by City: Value 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by City: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources