- Following the ratification of the World Health Organization’s Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC), the Russian government lowered maximum tar levels in 2009, introduced a new format for health warnings on packaging in 2010 and increased tobacco taxation. The law passed in February 2013 introduced a ban on all forms of advertising and sponsorship by tobacco producers. In June 2013, smoking was banned in municipal buildings, stadiums, schools, universities, hospitals, shops, playing grounds, elevators, petrol stations and on aircraft. The question of bus stops remains open. Mid-2014 saw the second stage of the smoking ban, which covered railway stations, trains, ships, cafés, restaurants and hotels. Also introduced was a new minimum price for cigarettes and a ban on selling tobacco products through kiosks. Continuing and intensifying anti-tobacco measures, together with the health and wellness trend, have had a positive impact on NRT smoking cessation aids.
- NRT smoking cessation aids in 2014 was a duopoly for Johnson & Johnson OOO and GlaxoSmithKline Healthcare ZAO, with the former accounting for a 90% share of retail value sales. Johnson & Johnson, with its popular Nicorette brand, currently has a monopoly in NRT gum and NRT lozenges, while accounting for an 83% value share in NRT patches.
- NRT smoking cessation aids in Russia is expected to record a value CAGR of 7% at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period. Its strong performance will be in line with the increasing number of people looking for easy ways to kick the smoking habit. Strict anti-tobacco legislation will push more people to quit smoking and will potentially improve demand for NRT smoking cessation aids.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Russia?
- What are the major brands in Russia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Russia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of NRT Gum by Flavour: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Consumer Health in Russia - Industry Context
Consumer health sees continuing strong value growth
Russia’s hosting of major sports events adds to consumer health development
Corporate landscape remains dynamic
Chemists/pharmacies likely to lose share in consumer health
Consumer health set to develop further despite the economic downturn
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Rising consumer health awareness stimulates growth
Government regulation in OTC continues to evolve
Local manufacturers looking for ways to compete
CITY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by City: Value 2009-2014
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by City: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 18 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by City: Value 2014-2019
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by City: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2012-2014
- Summary 2 Research Sources