- In 2012, the Russian government continued to work on “anti-tobacco” legislation. The government seeks to reduce the number of smokers in Russia by 10-15% in the long term. The law, which did not enter into force until the end of 2012, provides an incentive to organise a special area for smokers to avoid second-hand smoke. Although the law did come into force, some cafés and restaurants started to separate areas for smokers and non-smokers or even prohibited smoking inside. The number of smokers has decreased by 2% compared with 2011, according to state statistics. The laws are aimed to restrict smoking in public places and the sale of cigarettes on stalls, and tobacco tax increases create an opportunity for the sustainable reduction of smokers in Russia over the next five years.
- Johnson & Johnson dominated NRT smoking cessation aids in Russia with a value share of 93% in 2012.
- Development of the NRT category is directly related to the policy of the state. The Russian government is preparing laws, which make the situation for smokers more complicated. From 2013, the sale of cigarettes on stalls and in kiosks is banned. From 2014, it will be only possible to smoke in a café or restaurant in a specially designated smoking room. Excise duties on tobacco are growing annually. All these factors are likely to lead to an increase in the number of people trying to quit smoking.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Russia?
- What are the major brands in Russia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Russia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Gum Flavours: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Russia - Industry Context
Consumer health sees positive growth
Russian pharmaceutical clusters become a driver of development
Upward trend in the share of more expensive products continues
Changes in pharmacy retail and steady growth of direct sales continue
Growth of per capita consumption supports stable development
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Russian government puts further effort into reducing dependency on imports
Ban on OTC drug precursors entered into force
Burning question: to sell or not to sell OTC in stores?
Russia fights with self-treatment
Healthy lifestyle is driver of growth of vitamins and dietary supplements
TERRITORY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
City Key Trends and Developments
- Table 9 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 10 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by City: Value 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by City: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 15 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 16 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by City: Value 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by City: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2010-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources