- The Saudi government increased its anti-smoking measures during the review period. Following initial attempts to introduce smoking bans in many cities earlier in the review period, in 2011 the government imposed a smoking ban in the country’s airports, with a SR200 fine for those violating this ban. The government furthermore banned smoking in government offices and most public places in July 2012. This smoking ban included restaurants, coffee shops, supermarkets and shopping malls and also covered the smoking of traditional shishas. Legislation introduced at this time also banned the sale of tobacco products to those aged below 18-years-old. In December 2012, the government meanwhile extended the smoking ban to all tourism facilities, including hotels, furnished apartments and travel agencies.
- Novartis Consumer Health was the only player to have a significant presence in NRT smoking cessation aids during the review period. The company's Nicotinell brand accounted for 100% of value sales at the start of the review period in 2007. However, this brand's share dropped to just 62% by 2012, seeing a share decline of three percentage points over the previous year. While this continued to be the only brand with a presence in NRT lozenges at the end of the review period, accounting for 100% of sales in this area, a widening range of products began to be offered in NRT patches during the review period.
- The government is expected to strongly enforce its anti-smoking legislation during the forecast period. There is also expected to be greater investment in anti-smoking public education campaigns and wider media coverage of the dangers of smoking. Consumers will thus become increasingly aware of the dangers of smoking and will also face restrictions on the places where they can smoke.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Saudi Arabia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
Growth driven by consumers becoming more proactive about health
Rising disposable income levels fuel growth
Polarisation erodes Saudi Pharmaceutical Industries & Medical Appliances' share
Chemists/pharmacies retains dominance in 2012
Stronger growth ahead for forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumers increasingly focus on achieving health
Rising affluence supports strong growth
Overcrowded cities increase consumer focus on allergies, bacteria and viruses
Young population and high birth rate shape growth
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 12 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources