- Male smokers continued to account for most of the overall number of smokers, and increased in number in 2013. In addition, the number of female smokers increased thanks to the fad of smoking shisha in Saudi Arabia. The government therefore started to introduce a smoking ban in 2011 in airports, and then in July 2012 in most public places and government offices. This therefore played a part in the growing consumer demand for NRT smoking cessation aids, which hence saw a positive value performance in 2013.
- The competitive landscape was rather fragmented within NRT smoking cessation aids in 2013. Novartis Consumer Health was the clear leader, with an overall value share of 61%. The company enjoyed a value share of almost 100% within NRT lozenges in 2013. Its constant and solid distribution within chemists/pharmacists allowed the company to enjoy brand recognition and loyalty. Within NRT patches Novartis registered a 51% value share in 2013.
- Overall NRT smoking cessation aids is expected to see rising consumer demand over the forecast period. This will be driven by strengthened government regulations to ban smoking. In addition, the government should continue its media programme focused on the health problems related to tobacco. Consumers are therefore expected to become more health-conscious over the forecast period, resulting in a value CAGR of 6% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Saudi Arabia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
A good year for consumer health
The Westernisation trend
A fragmented competitive landscape
The leadership of chemists/pharmacists
A positive value performance is predicted
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Busy lifestyles boost the value performance of consumer health
Developments in telecommunications give value to consumer health
The impact of growing urbanisation on consumers’ health
Demographics trigger sales in consumer health
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources