- Smoking prevalence in Tunisia remains among the highest in the Middle East and North Africa region and stood at 30% in 2012. Moreover, this high rate of smoking prevalence is among the highest in the world. Over the past three years, smoking prevalence in Tunisia has been on the rise and this has been attributed to the deteriorating living standards of many Tunisian households and rising unemployment levels among the country’s young population. In addition, smoking prevalence is set to remain high in the wake of Tunisia’s 2011 social revolution and the ousting of the regime of Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, not to mention the increasingly progressive social attitudes in Tunisia which means that there is less of a stigma surrounding smoking in public among Tunisia’s young women.
- Pierre Fabre SA dominates NRT smoking cessation aids in Tunisia and in 2012 registered a 53% value share. This strong position is due to the popularity of the company’s brands Nicopatch and Nicopass Lozenges, which in 2012 accounted for 28% and 25% of total retail value sales.
- The presence of NRT smoking cessation aids on Tunisian retail shelves has so far had only limited impact on the shopping habits of Tunisian consumers and this is set to remain so during the forecast period, at least as long as the scope of anti-smoking campaigns remain limited in the country. NRT smoking cessation aids is a category of products which remain virtually unknown and extremely expensive for the majority of Tunisia’s smoking population and, as a result, the 6% constant value CAGR expected in the category over the forecast period is expected to represent a slowdown from the 9% constant value CAGR recorded over the review period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Market Research Report
Sample NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Tunisia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Tunisia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Tunisia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Tunisia?
- What are the major brands in Tunisia?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Tunisia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 NRT Smoking Cessation Aids Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Tunisia - Industry Context
Record year for OTC growth
Influx of migrants from Libya boosts demand and growth in consumer health
The competitive environment in consumer health remains highly fragmented
No change to the leading retail distribution channels in consumer health
Forecast period growth expected to increase in almost every category
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Opportunities abound for generic analgesics products
Awaiting the reclassification of vitamins and dietary supplements
Libyan migration and export market drains Tunisian domestic supply
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 12 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 13 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 15 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources