- The key driver of growth in this category is small mammal and reptile sales. Animals such as chinchillas, snakes and iguanas are becoming increasingly popular for urban consumers. Further parrots and decorative exotic fish are also perceived to be exciting. The total population of other pets reached 639,000 in 2014. Of those, the majority are fish. A key point to consider in this category is that the prepared food gap is much narrower than that of dogs or cats.
- There is growing change in the demographics of other pet populations. Fish and parrots maintained their popularity, while small mammals are the most common new pet, especially for first-time owners. This is going to prompt an increased degree of competition within small mammal/reptile food. Bearing in mind that differentiation and value is achieved through specialisation of the product for a given species (Algerian hedgehogs, rabbits, chinchillas) it is likely that the category is going to become very fragmented.
- Other pet food is predicted to record a 2% value CAGR at constant 2014 prices. The growth figure for volume also stands at 2%. These projections are lower than the review period by a small margin in volume terms while value growth is expected to be similar to the review period average. The population of other pets is predicted to decrease by less than 1% by 2019, so there is no drastic change on the horizon. Value sales in 2019 are predicted to amount to BGN2.8 million.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Other Pet Food Market Research Report
Sample Other Pet Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Other Pet Food industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Other Pet Food industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Other Pet Food in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Other Pet Food in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- How is the current retail distribution landscape impacting overall category performance?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Other Pet Food in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Other Pet Population 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Bird Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Fish Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Small Mammal/Reptile Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Other Pet Food in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 1 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Competitive Position 2013
Nestlé Bulgaria AD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 4 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Competitive Position 2013
Pet Care in Bulgaria - Industry Context
2014 pet care maintains high growth level from 2013
Premium products continue to drive growth and stand out
Pet shops not going away
Dog days for local players
Growth remains positive but will not sustain the same levels
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Pet care growth unaffected by reduced spending in the economy
Lifestyle in urban areas will shape pet care
The growing importance of specialist shops drives consumer behaviour
Pet demographics tend towards smaller pets
- Table 13 Pet Populations 2009-2014
- Table 14 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 15 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 23 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 24 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 25 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 26 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 7 Research Sources