- The key driver of growth in "other" pet food is growing interest in more exotic small mammals and reptiles as pets. This was partly due to growing availability, as the pet trade continued to become more globalised and pet shops and breeders offered a wider range of options. Leading pet shop chain ZooCenter notably offers a wide range of exotic pets and specialist advice on care and feeding. Chinchillas notably saw a surging rise in ownership at the end of the review period, with expected to contribute to a marked 2% rise in the small mammal pet population in 2015. Many small families and households living in apartments are attracted by the ease and compact nature of small mammals as indoor pets. There is also growing interest in snakes and iguanas among urban consumers, as many seek a distinctive and unusual pet.
- Vitakraft-Werke Wührmann is expected to further extend its lead in "other" pet food in 2015, with this company benefiting from its wide range and reputation for quality. The company is notably likely to benefit from consumers seeking more specialised products, with it for example offering small mammal/reptile food specifically for guinea pigs, hamsters, rabbits and chinchillas. The company is also expected to push for wider distribution via non-specialist retailers such as supermarkets and hypermarkets.
- "Other" pet food is expected to primarily benefit from a widening range of pets becoming available to most urban consumers. Chains such as ZooCenter are expected to continue to expand their presence in major cities, while offering a wide range of unusual pets. Thanks to this trend, the small mammal and reptile pet populations are expected to increase by 10% each in the forecast period and the bird population is expected to return to growth. Consumers will also become more willing to buy such pets due to the expert advice offered by the leading chains in pet shops and superstores. Meanwhile a growing reliance on this advice is expected to result in an ongoing shift towards more specialised food.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Other Pet Food Market Research Report
Sample Other Pet Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Other Pet Food industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Other Pet Food industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Other Pet Food in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Other Pet Food in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- How is the current retail distribution landscape impacting overall category performance?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Other Pet Food in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Other Pet Population 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Bird Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Fish Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Small Mammal/Reptile Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Other Pet Food in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 1 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Competitive Position 2014
Nestlé Bulgaria AD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 3 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 5 Nestlé Bulgaria AD: Competitive Position 2014
Pet Care in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Strong review period growth thanks to growing focus on pet nutrition and health
Sales remain low as non-prepared food dominates
Pet shops lose share to modern grocery retailers
Leader Mars loses share as competition intensifies
Forecast period growth dampened by price competition
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Sales benefit from rising disposable income levels
Rise of the cherished urban pet
Pet shops face growing competition from grocery retailers
- Table 13 Pet Populations 2010-2015
- Table 14 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 16 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 23 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 6 Research Sources