- In 2013 the other pets population is estimated to be 640,000 animals, the third largest after cats and dogs. The number of other pets has been gradually decreasing, down by 7,000 since the beginning of the review period. The number of other pets hovered around 640,000 since 2005, and peaked during the pre-crisis years of 2007 and 2008 at 647,000. Since then it declined slightly, but the estimated number of other pets is still impressive, being 82% of the leading population – cats. Other pets are preferred as they are easy to keep, compared to dogs, although the owner has to invest significant time in learning how to take care of them.
- Other pet food is clearly led by multinational companies. Imported brands are preferred because companies such as Vitakraft-Werke Wührmann & Sohn GmbH, Tetra Werke GmbH, Versele-Laga NV and many others invest seriously in research and development to come up with products that save time for the pet owners and provide healthy and nutritious diets for the pets. The leading manufacturers kept their positions by providing a large variety, diversified portfolios and good distribution in the pet shops and the supermarkets and hypermarkets. Most new product launches appeared within small mammal/reptile food and bird food as new formats were introduced – bars, crackers, small bites with rich combinations of vegetables, grain, fibre, vitamins and minerals. The most notable improvement in fish food was the slow-release format.
- Other pet food is forecast to record a moderate 2% CAGR in both constant value and volume terms, boosting other pet food sales to BGN3 million and 200 tonnes respectively in 2018. The growth rates will be comparable to those recorded during the review period. The other pets population has reached saturation point and is forecast to decrease by a total of 5,000 during the forecast period. The stable performance of the category will come from the increasing disposable incomes and wider range of products that provide better care for pets’ nutritional needs.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Other Pet Food Market Research Report
Sample Other Pet Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Other Pet Food industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Other Pet Food industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Other Pet Food in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Other Pet Food in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- How is the current retail distribution landscape impacting overall category performance?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Other Pet Food in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Other Pet Population 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Bird Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Fish Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Small Mammal/Reptile Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Pet Care in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Pet care growth rate set to continue its acceleration in 2013
Increasing segmentation of pet care encourages growth
The competitive battle intensifies within pet care as a whole
Pet shops remain the most popular channel followed by modern retailing formats
Pet care will continue to develop at a similar rate in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Positive economic outlook benefits pet products sales
Pet adoption campaigns in Bulgaria are designed to encourage pet ownership
Changing lifestyles encourage pet ownership
New product development and value offers encourage the penetration of prepared food
Distribution channels become more diversified
- Table 13 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2006-2011
- Table 23 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 24 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 25 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 26 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 1 Research Sources