- Other pet food continued to perform well in 2013, with total volume and current value growth rates surpassing those recorded in previous years. This sustained and dynamic growth is primarily due to increases in the other pet population, with busier lifestyles and rising urbanisation encouraging more and more Chileans to keep birds, fish, small mammals and other pets that require less space and are easier to care for than dogs and cats. Improvements in distribution and a greater variety of brands also helped to sustain the positive development of other pet food as a whole, as did promotional activities by leading manufacturers. These trends are expected to continue throughout 2014 and the forecast period.
- Sociedad Importadora y Exportadora Caupolicán remained the overall leader in other pet food in 2013 with a value sales share of 33%. Offering a number of different product types and flavour variants under its Canary Song brand, the company leads sales within bird food and small mammal/reptile food. The widely distributed Canary Song brand has an early mover advantage in both of these areas and enjoys a longstanding reputation for offering good quality at reasonable prices. South Point ranked second overall with a value share of 28%. As the exclusive Chilean distributor of the world famous Tetra brand, South Point was the dominant player in fish food. In addition, the company also claimed third place in bird food and fourth in small mammal/reptile food, where it offers a number of products under the Holly & Vet and Tetra brands. Champion rounded out the top three other pet food players with a value share of 21%. The company finished second in bird food and small mammal/reptile food, offering the Puki brand in both areas. Other prominent competitors in other pet food include Sera Chile and Pet’s Chile.
- While other pet food will continue to perform well over the forecast period, total volume and constant 2014 price value growth rates are expected to be slower than during the review period. This will mainly be due to increasing maturity and the slower growth of the other pet population. Nonetheless, demand for other pet food will remain robust overall as rising urbanisation and busier lifestyles continue to lead many consumers to favour smaller less demanding pets like birds, fish, small mammals and reptiles. New launches, improvements in distribution, price promotions and other marketing activities will also help to sustain the positive development of other pet food.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Other Pet Food Market Research Report
Sample Other Pet Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Other Pet Food industry in Chile with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Other Pet Food industry in Chile, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Other Pet Food in Chile market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Other Pet Food in Chile?
- What are the major brands in Chile?
- How is the current retail distribution landscape impacting overall category performance?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Other Pet Food in Chile - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Other Pet Population 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Bird Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Fish Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Small Mammal/Reptile Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Other Pet Food in Chile - Company Profiles
Champion SA in Pet Care (Chile)
- Summary 1 Champion SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Champion SA: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 3 Champion SA: Competitive Position 2013
Pet Care in Chile - Industry Context
Strong economy boosting sales
Economy brands rapidly losing market share
Space limitations and urban lifestyles affecting consumer pet preferences
Nutripro strengthens position as leading player within pet care
More moderate growth expected after period of dynamism
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Smaller pets find favour among Chileans
Product innovations fuel value growth
Stray dog populatrion results in new municipal ordinances
Traditional channel continues to be a factor in overall market
- Table 13 Pet Populations 2009-2014
- Table 14 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 15 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 23 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 24 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 25 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 26 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 4 Research Sources