- Other pet food continued to have a dynamic performance in 2014, with total volume and current value growth rates in line with those recorded in previous years. This sustained and dynamic growth was due to increases in the Other pet population, with busier lifestyles and rising urbanisation encouraging more Chileans to keep birds, fish, small mammals and other pets that require less space and are easier to care for than dogs and cats. Other pets population and the respective prepared food growth in the Chilean market was also due to an increasing sophistication in consumer preferences to search for pets that can adapt to smaller spaces. Improvements in distribution and a greater variety of brands also helped to sustain the positive development of Other pet food overall, as did promotional activities by leading manufacturers. These trends are expected to continue throughout 2015 and the forecast period.
- Sociedad Importadora y Exportadora Caupolicán remained the leader in Other pet food in 2014 with a value share of 35%. Offering a number of different product types and flavour variants under its Canary Song brand, the company leads sales within bird food and small mammal/reptile food. The widely distributed Canary Song brand has an early mover advantage in both of these areas and enjoys a longstanding reputation for offering good quality at reasonable prices.
- Other pet food will continue to perform well over the forecast period with volume and value CAGRs at constant 2015 prices of 8% each. However, this is slower than during the review period, especially in value terms. This is due to increasing maturity and the slower growth of the Other pet population, as it is growing mainly in cat pets, which benefit from smaller space and less time to look after them. Nonetheless, demand for Other pet food will remain robust as it continues to be the favourite option for a first family pet. New launches, improvements in distribution, price promotions and other marketing activities will also help to sustain the positive development of Other pet food.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Other Pet Food Market Research Report
Sample Other Pet Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Other Pet Food industry in Chile with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Other Pet Food industry in Chile, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Other Pet Food in Chile market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Other Pet Food in Chile?
- What are the major brands in Chile?
- How is the current retail distribution landscape impacting overall category performance?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Other Pet Food in Chile - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Other Pet Population 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Bird Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Fish Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Small Mammal/Reptile Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Other Pet Food in Chile - Company Profiles
Champion SA in Pet Care (Chile)
- Summary 1 Champion SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Champion SA: Competitive Position 2013
Pet Care in Chile - Industry Context
Strong pet humanisation trend boosts sales in food and Other pet products
Mid-priced and premium players take share from economy players
Rapidly-changing lifestyles and urbanisation determine consumer pet preferences
Nutripro maintains its position as the leading player within a growing pet care market
Moderate but healthy growth expected despite economic deceleration cycle
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Number of smaller pets continues to grow rapidly amid changing demographics and lifestyles
Product innovation drives value and is crucial to attract consumer demand
Traditional grocery retailers channel continues to be a factor in overall market
- Table 13 Pet Populations 2010-2015
- Table 14 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 16 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 23 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 3 Research Sources