- Other pet food continued to perform well in 2012, with total volume and current value growth rates surpassing those recorded the previous year for the second year in a row. This improvement was underpinned by robust growth in the other pet population, with busier lifestyles and rising urbanisation encouraging more and more Chileans to keep birds, fish, small mammals and other pets that required less space and were easier to care for than dogs and cats. New launches and improvements in distribution also helped to sustain the positive development of other pet food as a whole, as did promotional activities by leading manufacturers. These trends are expected to continue throughout 2013.
- Sociedad Importadora y Exportadora Caupolicán remained the overall leader in other pet food in 2012 with a value sales share of 32%. Offering a number of different product types and flavour variants under its Canary Song brand, the company held leading positions in bird food and small mammal/reptile food. The widely distributed Canary Song brand has an early mover advantage in both of these categories, and enjoys a longstanding reputation for offering good quality at reasonable prices. South Point ranked second overall with a value share of 29%. As the exclusive Chilean distributor of the world famous Tetra brand, South Point was the dominant player in the fish food category. It also claimed third place in bird food and small mammal/reptile food, where it offers a number of products under the Holly & Vet and Tetra brands. Champion rounded out the top three other pet food players with a value share of 22%. The company finished second in bird food and small mammal/reptile food, offering the Puki brand in both categories. Other prominent competitors in other pet food included Sera Chile and Pet’s Chile SA.
- While other pet food will continue to perform well over the forecast period, total volume and constant value growth rates are expected to be slower than those witnessed over 2008-2013. This will be mainly due to increasing maturity and slower growth in the other pet population. Nonetheless, demand for other pet food will remain robust overall as rising urbanisation and busier lifestyles continue to lead many consumers to favour smaller, less demanding pets like birds, fish, small mammals and reptiles. New launches, improvements in distribution, price promotions and other marketing activities will also help to sustain the positive development of other pet food.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Other Pet Food Market Research Report
Sample Other Pet Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Other Pet Food industry in Chile with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Other Pet Food industry in Chile, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Other Pet Food in Chile market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Other Pet Food in Chile?
- What are the major brands in Chile?
- How is the current retail distribution landscape impacting overall category performance?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Other Pet Food in Chile - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Other Pet Population 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Bird Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Fish Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Small Mammal/Reptile Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Other Pet Food by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Other Pet Food in Chile - Company Profiles
Champion SA in Pet Care (Chile)
- Summary 1 Champion SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Champion SA: Competitive Position 2012
Pet Care in Chile - Industry Context
Favourable economic conditions underpin improved market performance
Humanisation trend continues to bolster pet care spending
Urbanisation and busier lifestyles fuel growth in the other pet population
Nutripro remains the clear leader in Chilean pet care in 2012
Outlook for pet care in Chile remains bright
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Non-grocery retailers continue to gain ground in pet care distribution
Urbanisation and busier lifestyles lead Chileans to favour smaller pets
Pet humanisation trend continues to bolster pet care spending
Segmentation increasingly evident in dog and cat food
- Table 13 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2006-2011
- Table 23 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 24 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 25 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 26 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 3 Research Sources