- The key trend in pet products was the growing education of consumers which contributed to the strong growth of the category. On the one hand, consumers had growing concerns over the health and wellness of their pets. Many pets have been systematically mistreated and mishandled in terms of their diets and general habits. This resulted in increasing problems with pet healthcare which pushed consumers to consult veterinary specialists more frequently and to pay greater attention to their pet’s health and wellness. Furthermore, the changing demographics of the category meant that the majority of consumers are young, educated and live in cities. This again contributed to the growing importance of pet products.
- It is difficult to discern a single most important trend in this category. This is mainly because pet products comprises different products. Cat litter, pet healthcare and pet accessories have very different economics, with purchasing patterns, price elasticity and brand importance varying widely affecting players in numerous ways.
- As the pet population is not set to change significantly in the coming years, there are two other dynamics which are likely to drive this category. On the one hand, veterinarians are growing in importance. Their endorsements are driving sales in certain categories such as pet healthcare and pet dietary supplements and this is a response to the growing level of education of consumers.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Pet Products Market Research Report
Sample Pet Products Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Pet Products industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Pet Products industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Pet Products in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Pet Products in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- What are the key product launches?
- How have worming and flea product fared against other products within pet healthcare?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Pet Products in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Pet Healthcare by Type: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 4 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Pet Products in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 1 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Competitive Position 2013
Pet Care in Bulgaria - Industry Context
2014 pet care maintains high growth level from 2013
Premium products continue to drive growth and stand out
Pet shops not going away
Dog days for local players
Growth remains positive but will not sustain the same levels
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Pet care growth unaffected by reduced spending in the economy
Lifestyle in urban areas will shape pet care
The growing importance of specialist shops drives consumer behaviour
Pet demographics tend towards smaller pets
- Table 6 Pet Populations 2009-2014
- Table 7 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 8 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 9 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 10 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 16 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 18 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 19 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 4 Research Sources