- Pet products benefited strongly from growth in the number of vets in Bulgaria during the review period, with an estimated increase of 17% overall and 3% in 2014 over the previous year. There was also a shift from smaller independent vets to larger and more professional veterinary clinics housing a number of vets. Consumers are increasingly seeking advice from vets in order to ensure optimum health and happiness for their pets, rather than simply visiting vets in times of animal illness. This trend is proving particularly strong among young urban consumers in their 20s and 30s, with these consumers generally having a stronger interest in health issues in comparison to older consumers.
- A widening range of cat litter brands is becoming available in Bulgaria, with this likely to impact the share of "other" pet products player Mars in 2015. This company continued to lead sales in 2014 with a value share of 18% but lost over half a percentage point in share due to its Natusan brand facing stronger competition in cat litter. Mars will also continue to suffer due to its focus on "other" pet products, which saw the weakest current value sales growth in pet products in 2014 and is expected to see over half a percentage point decline in 2015.
- "Other" pet products is expected to see strong price competition in the forecast period, as affordable products increasingly become available via supermarkets and hypermarkets. Internet retailing sales are also expected to grow as consumers seek bargains online. Consequently, while this product area is expected to see growing volume sales of accessories, toys and housing, it is also expected to see value decline at constant 2015 prices at 9%.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Pet Products Market Research Report
Sample Pet Products Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Pet Products industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Pet Products industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Pet Products in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Pet Products in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- What are the key product launches?
- How have worming and flea product fared against other products within pet healthcare?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Pet Products in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Pet Healthcare by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Other Pet Products by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Pet Products in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 1 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Mars Inc Bulgaria EOOD: Competitive Position 2014
Pet Care in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Strong review period growth thanks to growing focus on pet nutrition and health
Sales remain low as non-prepared food dominates
Pet shops lose share to modern grocery retailers
Leader Mars loses share as competition intensifies
Forecast period growth dampened by price competition
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Sales benefit from rising disposable income levels
Rise of the cherished urban pet
Pet shops face growing competition from grocery retailers
- Table 7 Pet Populations 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 9 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 11 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 14 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 15 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 16 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 19 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 3 Research Sources