- The pet population in Bulgaria is set to reach 2,172,200 in 2013, after recording a marginal decline of 430 since 2012. The relatively stable numbers of pets in the country were a supporting factor in the development of pet products, because owners need to take proper care of their pets’ hygiene, health and wellbeing. Also, the busy lifestyles of many urban pet owners encouraged them to purchase specialised products and save time and effort when taking care of their pets. For example, the old-fashioned way of supplying cat litter is to collect earth and sand and change it on a regular basis. On the other hand, the availability of specialised products eliminates the need to make special trips for the purpose of collecting earth and sand and keep the collected large bags in their flats or houses. Also, pets require worming, flea and tick care. This boosted the development of pet products and, while its growth rate is not the highest within pet care, it is set to record a stable current value growth of 6% in 2013.
- The top four companies in 2012 are Mars Bulgaria EOOD, Bentolit AD, Miazoo OOD and Trixie Heimtierbedarf GmbH & Co. Their combined share in 2012 reached 51% in value. Pet products is much more competitive, in contrast to other pet care segments like cat and dog food and even other pet food. Only Bentolit decreased its share significantly as it competes only in cat litter and there has been strengthening of the positions of other companies such as Vitakraft, Iltex ET, Ika EOOD and the private label products.
- Pet products is expected to continue its positive development with a CAGR of 2% in constant value terms in the forecast period, albeit only half that recorded during the review period. Also, pet products will post a lower constant value CAGR compared to the largest categories of cat food and dog food. Pet products will still be seen as non-essential and consumers will only buy the most necessary items to secure the health of the pet.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Pet Products Market Research Report
Sample Pet Products Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Pet Products industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Pet Products industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Pet Products in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Pet Products in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- What are the key product launches?
- How have worming and flea product fared against other products within pet healthcare?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Pet Products in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Pet Healthcare by Type: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 4 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Pet Products in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Bentonit AD in Pet Care (Bulgaria)
- Summary 1 Bentonit AD: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Bentonit AD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Bentonit AD: Competitive Position 2012
Pet Care in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Pet care growth rate set to continue its acceleration in 2013
Increasing segmentation of pet care encourages growth
The competitive battle intensifies within pet care as a whole
Pet shops remain the most popular channel followed by modern retailing formats
Pet care will continue to develop at a similar rate in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Positive economic outlook benefits pet products sales
Pet adoption campaigns in Bulgaria are designed to encourage pet ownership
Changing lifestyles encourage pet ownership
New product development and value offers encourage the penetration of prepared food
Distribution channels become more diversified
- Table 6 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2006-2011
- Table 16 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 18 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 4 Research Sources