- Growth in total pet products current value sales in 2012 was down slightly on 2011, mainly due to increasing maturity and price competition. Nonetheless, current value growth remained well above the average for the entire pet care market as rising disposable incomes and the pet humanisation trend encouraged Chileans to increase spending on various products to improve the health, happiness and general wellbeing of their pets. These not only included necessity items like pet healthcare products, cat litter, cages, fish tanks etc, but also non-essentials like toys and games, pet clothing, beds and grooming products. Growth in the total pet population also helped to sustain the positive development of pet products, as did new launches and improvements in product quality standards, the expansion of distribution networks, price promotions and other marketing activities. All of these trends are expected to continue throughout 2013.
- South Point continued to lead pet products in 2012 with a value share of 13%. The company was the clear leader in other pet products, where it offers a wide variety of reasonably-priced, above-average quality products under the Holly & Vet brand. South Point’s strong lead in this category was also attributable to its extensive distribution network, with its other pet products featuring prominently on the shelves of supermarkets, hypermarkets and home improvement and garden centres across Chile. Cencosud SA was the second leading player overall with a value share of 11%. Cencosud finished second in other pet products and fourth in cat litter, offering the Pet’s Fun private label in both categories. Nestlé was the third leading pet products player with an overall value share of 10%, followed by Pet Market with a 7% share and Champion with a 6% share. Nestlé, Pet Market and Champion were the top three players in cat litter. Other prominent competitors in pet products included Laboratorio Drag Pharma Chile Invetec SA, Agrícola Nacional SAC, Pet’s Chile and Mars.
- Growth in pet products constant value sales over the forecast period is expected to be slower than that witnessed over 2008-2013. This will be mainly due to increasing maturity, more intense price competition and slower growth in Chile’s total pet population. Nonetheless, the category will continue to perform well overall as rising disposable incomes and the pet humanisation trend bolster spending on products that can improve the health, happiness and general wellbeing of dogs, cats and other pets. New launches, improvements in distribution, price promotions and other marketing activities will also help to sustain the positive development of pet products.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Pet Products Market Research Report
Sample Pet Products Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Pet Products industry in Chile with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Pet Products industry in Chile, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Pet Products in Chile market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Pet Products in Chile?
- What are the major brands in Chile?
- What are the key product launches?
- How have worming and flea product fared against other products within pet healthcare?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Pet Products in Chile - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Pet Healthcare by Type: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 4 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Pet Products in Chile - Company Profiles
Champion SA in Pet Care (Chile)
- Summary 1 Champion SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Champion SA: Competitive Position 2012
Laboratorio Drag Pharma Chile Invetec SA in Pet Care (Chile)
- Summary 3 Laboratorio Drag Pharma Chile Invetec SA: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Laboratorio Drag Pharma Chile Invetec SA: Competitive Position 2012
Pet Care in Chile - Industry Context
Favourable economic conditions underpin improved market performance
Humanisation trend continues to bolster pet care spending
Urbanisation and busier lifestyles fuel growth in the other pet population
Nutripro remains the clear leader in Chilean pet care in 2012
Outlook for pet care in Chile remains bright
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Non-grocery retailers continue to gain ground in pet care distribution
Urbanisation and busier lifestyles lead Chileans to favour smaller pets
Pet humanisation trend continues to bolster pet care spending
Segmentation increasingly evident in dog and cat food
- Table 6 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2006-2011
- Table 16 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 18 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 5 Research Sources