- Pet products’ current value growth in 2014 was faster than the CAGR of the review period due to the outstanding performance of Other pet products such as cages, accessories and pet beauty products. These enjoyed very strong growth due to their novelty in the Chilean market, as consumers increased spending on products that improve the health, happiness and general wellbeing of their pets, but also improve their owners’ experience with them and their appearance. More consumers are attributing importance to their pet’s appearance. Therefore, pet humanisation trend not only included necessity items like cat litter or healthcare products, but also more and better non-essential accessories like toys and games, special beds, eating and drinking utensils, beauty products and clothes.
- South Point continued to lead pet products in 2014 with a value share of 15%. The company was the clear leader in Other pet products, where it offers a wide variety of reasonably-priced, above-average quality products under the Holly & Vet brand. South Point’s strong lead was also due to its extensive distribution network, with its Other pet products featuring prominently on the shelves of supermarkets, hypermarkets and home improvement and garden centres across Chile.
- Pet products constant 2015 price value sales growth over the forecast period is expected to be slightly higher than it was during the review period, with a dynamic average CAGRs of 14% up to 2020. It will continue to perform well overall as the pet humanisation trend will boost spending on products that can improve a pet’s health, happiness and general wellbeing. New launches, improvements in distribution, price promotions and other marketing activities will also help to sustain the positive development of pet products.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Pet Products Market Research Report
Sample Pet Products Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Pet Products industry in Chile with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Pet Products industry in Chile, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Pet Products in Chile market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Pet Products in Chile?
- What are the major brands in Chile?
- What are the key product launches?
- How have worming and flea product fared against other products within pet healthcare?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Pet Products in Chile - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Pet Healthcare by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Other Pet Products by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Pet Products by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Pet Products in Chile - Company Profiles
Champion SA in Pet Care (Chile)
- Summary 1 Champion SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Champion SA: Competitive Position 2013
Laboratorio Drag Pharma Chile Invetec SA in Pet Care (Chile)
- Summary 3 Laboratorio Drag Pharma Chile Invetec SA: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Laboratorio Drag Pharma Chile Invetec SA: Competitive Position 2014
Pet Care in Chile - Industry Context
Strong pet humanisation trend boosts sales in food and Other pet products
Mid-priced and premium players take share from economy players
Rapidly-changing lifestyles and urbanisation determine consumer pet preferences
Nutripro maintains its position as the leading player within a growing pet care market
Moderate but healthy growth expected despite economic deceleration cycle
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Number of smaller pets continues to grow rapidly amid changing demographics and lifestyles
Product innovation drives value and is crucial to attract consumer demand
Traditional grocery retailers channel continues to be a factor in overall market
- Table 7 Pet Populations 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 9 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 11 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 14 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 15 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 16 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 19 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 5 Research Sources