Date of posting 28th February 2011.
www.euromonitor.com is owned and operated by Euromonitor International Ltd (‘Euromonitor’). For more information about Euromonitor and contact details, please see [‘About/Contact Euromonitor’].
1.2. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. THE INFORMATION EUROMONITOR COLLECTS AND HOW IT IS USED
2.1. Euromonitor collects personal information from you when you:
- Register to use the Site. If you register to use the Site, Euromonitor collects personal information such as your name, company name, username and e-mail address.
- Place an order. If you place an order, Euromonitor will also collect further information, including your telephone number and your address.
- Sign up to an e-alert. If you sign up to an e-alert service, Euromonitor collects personal information such as your name, company name, country of residence and the topics in which you are interested.
- Contact Euromonitor. If you contact Euromonitor via the Site, for example to request a speaker or for any other reason, Euromonitor collects personal information such as your name, company name and contact details as well as any other personal information you disclose in your message to us.
2.2. Euromonitor uses the personal information it collects:
- to personalise the service you receive so that the Site recognises you on subsequent visits and to send you marketing information on new products, research and special promotional offers;
- to process your order; and
- to respond to your queries.
3. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Euromonitor does not sell or rent your personal information. Euromonitor may, however, give information about you to the following, for the express purposes set out below:
if you register to use the Site:
3.1. to Euromonitor’s employees and agents (who may be operating outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for them to administer any accounts or services provided to you through the Site;
if you place an order:
3.2. to Euromonitor’s employees and agents for them to provide support services in connection with the Site, for example delivery services;
3.3. and if you pay by credit card, to Datacash Limited in order for them to authorise and approve your card and to Barclays Merchant Services for them to process the card transaction;
transfer of business
If Euromonitor does give your information to the third parties set out above, Euromonitor will always require they adhere to the same security procedures that Euromonitor follows itself.
4. LEGAL REQUESTS
Euromonitor may need to disclose personal information to protect Euromonitor and Euromonitor’s licensors’ rights and property or to comply with any applicable law or valid legal process.
5. TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE EEA
5.1. Euromonitor has offices worldwide. As such, your information may be transferred to, stored at, or processed at a destination outside the EEA within the Euromonitor group of companies.
6. AGGREGATED INFORMATION
Euromonitor may share non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the Site and sales and traffic patterns with our partners and other third parties. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity; it just gives generalised information about the users of the Site.
7. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKED INFORMATION
7.1. While on the Site, certain information is automatically logged about how you are using the Site. This information may include the URL of the website which linked you to the Site, your IP address and the pages you visit while on the Site. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the internet. IP addresses are not used to track your session and are not linked to anything personally identifiable.
7.2. A feature known as a cookie is also used. A cookie is a small data file that resides on your computer which allows Euromonitor to recognise you as a user when you return to the Site using the same computer and web browser. The cookies and other automatically tracked information are used:
- to identify repeat visitors;
- to personalise your experience on the Site;
- to help Euromonitor better understand how users use the Site so that it can administer, support and improve the Site and the services that Euromonitor offers;
- to contact you for the purpose of confirming your registration details in the event that you forget your password.
9.1. As required by UK Data Protection law, Euromonitor follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to Euromonitor, to prevent unauthorised access. In particular, Euromonitor uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encode your personal information. SSL encrypts your contact details and your password as it travels through the Internet. Encryption creates billions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on the Site, so your details cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet.
9.2. Despite using this technology, Euromonitor cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to Euromonitor. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing on-line and will not hold Euromonitor responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to Euromonitor’s negligence or wilful default.
9.3. If you have any concerns about security, please email Euromonitor at email@example.com.
10. UPDATING ACCOUNT INFORMATION
If you want to update or change your registration information, please e-mail Euromonitor at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update your account details.
11. RIGHT TO SEE YOUR INFORMATION
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to see the personal information that Euromonitor holds about you, whether collected through your use of the Site or through any communications that you have had with Euromonitor. You will need to provide Euromonitor with a detailed written request and pay a small fee. If you have any queries about your right or wish to make such a request, please contact Euromonitor by e-mail at email@example.com or by post addressed to the Privacy Officer, Euromonitor International Plc., 60-61 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UX.
12. POLICY CHANGES