- While locals continue to adopt fast-paced lifestyles that tend to restrict the time they can spend at home cooking their own meals, the interest in ready meals continues to grow among certain middle- and high-income consumers. In 2015, however, ready meals had not achieved a significant consumer base among those on mid-range incomes, who continued to prefer fast food options and home cooking as more-tasty and affordable choices. While the range of frozen ready meals at modern retail outlets continued to grow, most consumers continued to rely on traditional dried ready meals that were widely available and more affordable (often pasta) when requiring a ready meal solution.
- The leading local pasta manufacturer, Roma Prince, continued to lead sales of ready meals in Costa Rica in 2015, recording a 36% value share. The player benefited from the wide availability of its products, affordable unit prices and brand awareness of its dried ready-to-eat pasta product, Prince. The fact that refrigeration is not needed for transporting and storing these types of meals allows this competitor to distribute them through a wide array of retailers, including traditional grocers. In second place was local player Centro Internacional de Inversiones (Grupo El Arreo SA), which accounted for a 28% value share in 2015. Its success is based on the popularity of its frozen ready meals that are offered under its own local brand, El Arreo, and its imported counterpart, McCain. Both lines have good availability through the freezer sections of modern grocery retailers.
- As the increasing pace of modern life continues to gain momentum, ready meals are anticipated to become more popular over the forecast period, especially frozen and chilled formats capable of providing more-integrated nutritional approaches and that offer healthy and functional features. In such a context, there is expected to be an increasing offer of both local and ethnic dishes. There is expected to be a wider range of products on offer to consumers, with a growing focus on more-mature consumers as well as on professional young couples/singles that can afford these products and have little interest in cooking for themselves on a daily basis.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Ready meals Market Research Report
Sample Ready meals Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Ready meals industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Ready meals industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Ready meals in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Ready meals in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- How are manufacturers leveraging popular restaurant chains to help more austere consumers recreate a restaurant experience at home?
- How much are consumers willing to pay for convenience?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Ready Meals in Costa Rica - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Distribution of Ready Meals by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Ready Meals in Costa Rica - Company Profiles
Centro Internacional de Inversiones (Grupo El Arreo SA) in Packaged Food (Costa Rica)
- Summary 1 Centro Internacional de Inversiones (Belca Food Service): Key Facts
Packaged Food in Costa Rica - Industry Context
Steady volume and value growth characterise 2015 performance
Affordable healthy proposals and value for money alternatives keep gaining ground
Consolidated international players continue to be challenged by local propositions
Modern grocery outlet penetration reaches more stable scenario in 2015
Convenient and healthy propositions will set the pace over the coming five years
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 12 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 23 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 2 Research Sources