- Increasingly hectic lifestyles have resulted in many Norwegian consumers demanding convenient meal solutions. In addition, single-person households have grown at a higher pace than family households, which has furthered the boost in ready meals as single people are less likely to dine out or prepare a meal for themselves. Naturally, the wider availability of premium or added-value alternatives within ready meals has underpinned the sustained growth of ready meals overall. Traditionally, ready meals has been considered unhealthy and rather poor in taste compared to home-made meals or restaurant food. However, as manufacturers have focused on widening their assortment of premium-quality and healthy alternatives, the difference has become smaller, occasioning more consumers to opt for the more convenient solution.
- Orkla Foods Norge AS continued to lead value sales of ready meals in both 2014 and 2015, increasing its value share marginally in 2015 to account for 46% of overall sales. The majority of its governing position stems from its leading and well-known frozen pizza brands, Grandiosa and Big One, along with its Toro brand within dinner mixes and chilled ready meals. Before their inclusion into Orkla Foods in 2013, Stabburet AS and Rieber & Søn ASA were the two biggest companies within ready meals. Both Stabburet and Toro are still two of the most well-known family brand names in Norway. 34% of ready meals value sales in 2015 were generated by profitable frozen pizza, where Orkla Foods enjoyed a dominant value share of 76%. The company’s continued value share increase is predominantly attributed to its new product launches, Grandiosa Glutenfri (gluten-free), Grandiosa Helmax, Big One New York Grilled Steak, Grandiosa Classic Deluxe and Big One Meat Lover within frozen pizza. The rising popularity of its Toro Velbekomme range in chilled ready meals helped contribute to the company displaying the most dynamic value share performance in ready meals in 2015.
- Manufacturers within ready meals are expected to increasingly focus on offering more healthy and natural alternatives over the forecast period where unnecessary preservatives, additives and palm oil will be avoided. Consumer concerns and government initiatives, for example to reduce the level of salt added to foods, have encouraged manufacturers to communicate the ingredients clearly on ready meals packaging. Several players updated their packaging towards the end of the review period, a trend that is highly likely to continue, following not only the demand from consumers for more clearly highlighted ingredients, but also the rising demand for premium-positioned products. For example, Orkla Foods’ leading Grandiosa frozen pizza brand has experienced a notable upswing following the introduction of more added-value alternatives containing extra meat and crispy cheese bottoms. Furthermore, series such as the Sunt & Godt (“healthy and tasty”) series from Fjordland which target a health and wellness trend are expected to grow in popularity. Series consisting of healthier alternatives such as cod fillets, chicken breast and chicken balls clearly state on the packaging the number of calories, the fact that it is protein-rich and what percentage of the meal is vegetables.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Ready meals Market Research Report
Sample Ready meals Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Ready meals industry in Norway with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Ready meals industry in Norway, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Ready meals in Norway market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Ready meals in Norway?
- What are the major brands in Norway?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- How are manufacturers leveraging popular restaurant chains to help more austere consumers recreate a restaurant experience at home?
- How much are consumers willing to pay for convenience?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Ready Meals in Norway - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Chilled Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Frozen Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 Distribution of Ready Meals by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Ready Meals in Norway - Company Profiles
Coop Norge Handel AS in Packaged Food (Norway)
- Summary 1 Coop Norge Handel AS: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Coop Norge Handel AS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Coop Norge AS: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 4 Coop Norge AS: Competitive Position 2014
Nortura SA in Packaged Food (Norway)
- Summary 5 Nortura SA: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Nortura SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Nortura SA: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Norway - Industry Context
Stable development continues
Norwegian consumers turn their interest towards locally-sourced food
Domestic players govern packaged food
Grocery retailers dominate; internet retailing is yet to become mainstream
Health and wellness will continue to ensure high and stable development
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumers and producers embrace locally produced food
The food wars
Health and wellness is the everlasting trend in packaged food
Food intolerance goes mainstream
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 8 Research Sources