- Current retail value growth in ready meals slowed in 2015 was down on 2014, and was also slower than the review period CAGR. This was mainly due to increasing category maturity and rising health awareness among consumers, which restricted demand for most product types within the category. Despite the trend towards busier lifestyles in Singapore, the convenience factor had a limited role in ensuring robust retail volume growth. The convenience trend is expected to favour products that render the food preparation process simpler and less time consuming. Due to the prevalence of food establishments in Singapore, consumers could easily obtain a cooked meal from these eateries rather than purchase ready meals which are generally pricier than meals at hawker centres or coffee shops. Thus, consumers who prefer not to cook at all can easily patronise the many food establishments around their workplace or home. Even when consumers purchase ready meals products, they are mainly used as a quick meal solution occasionally rather than in their daily lives.
- Xiamen Jiahua Import & Export Trading Co Ltd remained the leading player and accounted for 16% of retail value sales in 2015. This was mainly due to the leading position of the Narcissus brand in shelf stable ready meals, the dominant category in ready meals. Narcissus enjoys strong brand loyalty among ethnic Chinese consumers – the majority of the total population – and is renowned for offering quality products at affordable prices. The Narcissus product range comprises several product types and flavour variants based on popular local dishes such as stewed pork, spiced pork cubes and so forth. Its main competitors in shelf stable ready meals are Ayam by Clouet Trading Pte Ltd, Yeo's by Yeo Hiap Seng Ltd and Amocan by Amoy Canning Corp (Singapore) Ltd. Similar to Narcissus, these competing ranges mainly consist of products containing meat dishes that are based on traditional Singaporean and Asian dishes. In 2015, all four brands were also present in a number of other shelf stable food categories, such as shelf stable meat and seafood, which allowed them to leverage the strength of their distribution networks and brand names.
- Categories expected to register a lower retail volume CAGR over the forecast period than that of the review period’s. The slowdown may be attributable to increasing maturity as more consumers are already acquainted with ready meals and increasing health awareness among consumers resulting in a preference for freshly cooked meals. The convenience of ready meals will help to keep retail volume sales afloat but its role will be limited as food establishments are widespread in Singapore, which post strong competition for packaged ready meals. However, volume growth is expected to be bolstered slightly by new product launches in categories such as chilled and frozen ready meals, offering exotic flavour variants, healthier ingredients and packaging that facilitate on-the-go consumption.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Ready meals Market Research Report
Sample Ready meals Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Ready meals industry in Singapore with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Ready meals industry in Singapore, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Ready meals in Singapore market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Ready meals in Singapore?
- What are the major brands in Singapore?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- How are manufacturers leveraging popular restaurant chains to help more austere consumers recreate a restaurant experience at home?
- How much are consumers willing to pay for convenience?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Ready Meals in Singapore - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Chilled Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Frozen Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 Distribution of Ready Meals by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Ready Meals in Singapore - Company Profiles
Clouet Trading Pte Ltd in Packaged Food (Singapore)
- Summary 1 Clouet Trading Pte Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Clouet Trading Pte Ltd: Competitive Position 2015
Nestlé Singapore Pte Ltd in Packaged Food (Singapore)
- Summary 3 Nestlé Singapore Pte Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Nestlé Singapore Pte Ltd: Competitive Position 2015
Thong Siek Food Industry Pte Ltd in Packaged Food (Singapore)
- Summary 5 Thong Siek Food Industry Pte Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Thong Siek Food Industry Pte Ltd: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Singapore - Industry Context
Packaged food records slightly slower retail value growth in 2015 than over the review period
The merger of Kraft Foods and Heinz forms The Kraft Heinz Company
Oriental and local flavours are key to attracting consumers
Internet retailing continues to gain traction in 2015
Packaged food is set to record positive value growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumers demonstrate preferences for smaller pack sizes and resealable packaging
Educated consumers more discerning with health and wellness products
Oriental flavours gain in popularity
The polarising performance of private label
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 7 Research Sources