- Ready meals is one of the few packaged food categories that did not decline in 2015. Nevertheless, value growth was slightly down in the review period CAGR as consumers’ budgets were further restrained and Slovenian consumers became more rational in their spending patterns, looking for the best value-for-money deals. Thus, in order to save money, home cooking became rather common. Furthermore, one more factor against the rapid development of ready meals was Slovenia’s prevailing health and wellness trend, as ready meals is not perceived to be particularly healthy. However, the increasing pace of life and increasing working hours pushed consumers to choose convenient solutions, which saved time and in some cases also saved budgets, so this was the biggest driver behind the positive category performance. As a rule, the target audience for ready meals is young adults who have busy schedules and do not have time to spend several hours preparing and cooking themselves a meal.
- The leading company within ready meals was Proconi doo, holding a 19% value share in 2015. The company retained its leading position due to the good performance of Pogrej in Pojej. Poslovni Sistem Mercator dd, with a range of private label ready-to-eat products, ranked second with a 19% value share. Mercator expanded its product portfolio as well as its value share. Ranked third was ETA Kamnik doo with a 16% value share, due to the stable performance of Natureta, which is widely available on shelves of Slovenian retailers.
- Ready meals is expected to witness stable development over the forecast period. As the demand for these products steadily increases, producers will be willing to invest in new product development taking into account the health and wellness trend and introducing healthier ready meals, containing natural ingredients, more vitamins, minerals, healthy oils and fats and less salt/sugar. Moreover, as hectic lifestyles will only continue to increase and more people will not have time for home cooking, the consumer base for ready meals is expected to also increase. Lastly, the economic situation in Slovenia is expected to stabilise by the end of the forecast period, and thus consumers’ budgets will increase and demand is projected to follow the same path.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Ready meals Market Research Report
Sample Ready meals Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Ready meals industry in Slovenia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Ready meals industry in Slovenia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Ready meals in Slovenia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Ready meals in Slovenia?
- What are the major brands in Slovenia?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- How are manufacturers leveraging popular restaurant chains to help more austere consumers recreate a restaurant experience at home?
- How much are consumers willing to pay for convenience?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Ready Meals in Slovenia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 7 Distribution of Ready Meals by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Ready Meals in Slovenia - Company Profiles
ETA Kamnik doo in Packaged Food (Slovenia)
- Summary 1 ETA Kamnik doo: Key Facts
- Summary 2 ETA Kamnik doo: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 ETA Kamnik doo: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Slovenia - Industry Context
Despite deteriorating economic environment packaged food posts minor growth
Price becomes the main criteria for purchasing decision
Private label products are rapidly developing
Discounters gain importance, while hypermarkets and supermarkets dominate
Optimistic forecast for packaged food development
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 12 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 23 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 4 Research Sources