- Ready meals offer convenient and quality-assured meal options for a large number of consumers with busy lifestyles in Taiwan. Over the review period, chilled ready meals was a major area of development across convenience store chains, marketed heavily, and this led to strong sales growth and a rapid increase in the product range. In 2015, current value sales of ready meals continued to rise by 6% on the back of consumers’ increasing reliance on this channel and the wider range of varieties such as side dishes and light meals offered in convenience stores.
- President Chain Store Corp led sales of ready meals in 2015 with a dominating share of 70% due to the popularity of its widespread 7-Eleven convenience store network and sizeable lead in chilled ready meals. In addition, many 7-Eleven stores offer seating areas for consumers. In 2014, the company established two supply centres in Chungli in northern Taiwan and Kaohsiung (southern Taiwan) for prepared foods and ready meal lines. In 2015, the company further cooperated with the organic farms of Formosa Plastic Group to provide organic fresh fruit/vegetables in stores in response to a health and wellness trend. 7-Eleven’s share declined in 2015 as the number two player, Family Mart, successfully launched a creative in-store event and product strategy to arouse fierce competition with 7-Eleven.
- Demand for tasty, healthy and convenient meal solutions is likely to continue to drive the growth of ready meals: retail volume sales and value sales at constant 2015 prices are expected to see healthy CAGR growth of 4% and 6%, respectively, over the forecast period. Compared with the review period, growth in value sales of ready meals at constant 2015 prices in the forecast period will be relatively slower but remain strong. This is mainly due to the fact that the established eating-out culture is supported by hectic lifestyles and increasing single-person households. Although consumers have become more concerned about their meals’ content in the wake of a series of food scandals, there is still a large proportion who cannot afford home-cooked meals frequently in terms of time, cooking skills or living space. For instance, in Taiwan, many small apartments are leased to social freshmen or college students who are not allowed to cook as part of the renting rules. At the same time, ready meals can be more economic with a wide price range to choose from.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Ready meals Market Research Report
Sample Ready meals Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Ready meals industry in Taiwan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Ready meals industry in Taiwan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Ready meals in Taiwan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Ready meals in Taiwan?
- What are the major brands in Taiwan?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- How are manufacturers leveraging popular restaurant chains to help more austere consumers recreate a restaurant experience at home?
- How much are consumers willing to pay for convenience?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Ready Meals in Taiwan - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Chilled Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Frozen Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 Distribution of Ready Meals by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Ready Meals in Taiwan - Company Profiles
I-Mei Foods Co Ltd in Packaged Food (Taiwan)
- Summary 1 I-Mei Foods Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 I-Mei Foods Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2015
President Chain Store Corp in Packaged Food (Taiwan)
- Summary 3 President Chain Store Corp: Key Facts
- Summary 4 President Chain Store Corp: Operational Indicators
- Summary 5 President Chain Store Corp: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 6 President Chain Store Corp: Competitive Position 2015
Uni-President Enterprises Corp in Packaged Food (Taiwan)
- Summary 7 Uni-President Enterprises Corp: Key Facts
- Summary 8 Uni-President Enterprises Corp: Operational Indicators
- Summary 9 Uni-President Enterprises Corp: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Taiwan - Industry Context
Packaged food records slightly faster growth in 2015
Food safety remains top concern among consumers
Local players maintain the leading positions
Convenience stores remains the leading distribution channel for packaged food
Slightly faster value growth expected during the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Food safety remains top concern among Taiwanese consumers
Average unit prices increase slightly across packaged food
Local variants remain popular among Taiwanese consumers
Consumers are increasingly health-conscious
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 10 Research Sources