- Ready meals posted positive current value and volume growth in 2015. Recovery of the category began in 2014, when value sales rose by 1% after a slight decline in 2013. Overall, ready meals managed to bounce back from a rather disappointing performance over the review period. Growth in 2015 was stronger than growth over the review period due to the broader product variety of ready meals in the retail environment. Manufacturers and retailers introduced various new concepts in 2015, which appealed to consumers and drove growth of ready meals.
- Albert Heijn BV remained the leading company in ready meals, recording a value share of 23% in the Netherlands in 2015. The company operates a wide range of ready meals and invests in new product developments. Albert Heijn was the supermarket with the most outlets of all retailers in the Netherlands in 2015 and it offers products in all categories within ready meals. The retailer can be seen as one of the leading companies in terms of new product development and it has a range of organic products, including ready meals. An interesting concept launched by Albert Heijn in 2014 was the collaboration with Michelin-starred chef Moshik Roth. The collaboration consisted of a range of chilled ready meals developed exclusively for Albert Heijn. The ready meals could be considered exotic, featuring products such as couscous and chili sin carne; all were meatless.
- The outlook for ready meals in the Netherlands is set to remain positive over the forecast period. The Dutch economy is expected to show recovery, which will cause consumers to be less price conscious. Although it is unlikely that Dutch consumers will abandon the economical habitats they developed during the recession, it is expected that they will be willing to pay more for value-added products. Many consumers will continue to seek value-for-money products for daily purchases on the one hand, but will seek premium products with added value for special occasions even more.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Ready meals Market Research Report
Sample Ready meals Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Ready meals industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Ready meals industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Ready meals in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Ready meals in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- How are manufacturers leveraging popular restaurant chains to help more austere consumers recreate a restaurant experience at home?
- How much are consumers willing to pay for convenience?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Ready Meals in the Netherlands - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Chilled Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Frozen Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 Distribution of Ready Meals by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Ready Meals in the Netherlands - Company Profiles
Albert Heijn BV in Packaged Food (Netherlands)
- Summary 1 Albert Heijn BV: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Albert Heijn BV: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 3 Albert Heijn BV: Competitive Position 2014
Unilever Nederland BV in Packaged Food (Netherlands)
- Summary 4 Unilever Nederland BV: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Unilever Nederland BV: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Unilever Nederland BV: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in the Netherlands - Industry Context
Packaged food not able to register positive growth in 2015
Internet retailing shows good results in the distribution of packaged food
Private label sales booming in packaged food in 2015
Supermarkets remains the dominant distribution channel in packaged food in 2015
Packaged food is expected to record negative value growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Private label still booming in the Netherlands
Internet retailing is subject to increased interest
Origin becomes more important than organic
Cocooning still popular in the Netherlands despite better economic conditions
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 7 Research Sources