- Filipinos of various income profiles are leading hectic lifestyles. This drives them to opt for products which provide convenience. As such, ready meals and foodservice are popular meal options among busy individuals. However, a health and wellness trend is also making consumers mindful of the ingredients that make up the food they eat. Although fast food restaurants address the consumer need for convenience, they often fail to meet their need for nutritious meals. With convenience stores growing in terms of outlet numbers and brands, the channel is seen as increasingly competing with fast food restaurants as a source of quick meals. Convenience stores, meanwhile, are seen as addressing the weakness of fast food restaurants by coming out with healthy ready meals. In 2014, 7-Eleven introduced rice meals created by renowned local chef, Claude Tayag, which are slow-cooked and contain only natural ingredients. Family Mart followed suit in 2015 with the launch of its Fresh ‘n Lite meals created with the help of Chef Him Uy de Baron.
- The Purefoods-Hormel Co Inc was the dominant player in ready meals in 2014 with a 67% value sales contribution. The company maintained the same value share in 2015 allowing it to sustain its dominance against its competitors. It is able to command a huge share of ready meals due to its presence in both shelf stable ready meals and frozen ready meals while other players are focused only in one area. It is actually the only significant player in frozen ready meals in the Philippines and cornered 86% of the total value sales in 2015. The greater portion of its value sales of ready meals is also derived from frozen ready meals which contributed 78% of the total in 2015. Although its ready meal brands are not actively promoted, it is able to benefit from the popularity of the Purefoods brand in other areas such as hotdogs. The company is also a known provider of quality products such that it has earned the trust of consumers from different income profiles.
- The growing number of convenience store brands in the Philippines is pushing players in ready meals to improve their product offerings. Another brand, Lawson, is reported to possibly undertake in-store cooking. Over the forecast period, ready meals sold in grocery retailers will likely face increased competition from those sold by convenience stores, especially as the channel increases outlet numbers closer to consumers’ homes.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Ready meals Market Research Report
Sample Ready meals Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Ready meals industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Ready meals industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Ready meals in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Ready meals in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- How are manufacturers leveraging popular restaurant chains to help more austere consumers recreate a restaurant experience at home?
- How much are consumers willing to pay for convenience?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Ready Meals in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Frozen Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Ready Meals by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Ready Meals in the Philippines - Company Profiles
Nestlé Philippines Inc in Packaged Food (Philippines)
- Summary 1 Nestlé Philippines Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Nestlé Philippines Inc: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in the Philippines - Industry Context
Packaged food records slight improvement in value growth terms in 2015
Consumer desire for convenience influences product development and promotions
Universal Robina Corp is the leader in packaged food in 2015
Modern grocery retailers remain the key distribution channel for packaged food
Packaged food is expected to post improved growth rates over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Retail landscape witnesses consolidations and the introduction of new retail brands
Companies employ different strategies to improve its share in packaged food
New products emerge as companies expand their product lines and address prevailing consumer trends
New foreign brands and food specialist retailers enter packaged food amidst the continued expansion of the middle class
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 3 Research Sources