- The Ukrainian economy has not yet recovered from the deep hole into which it slid over the course of the review period, a situation that has left large numbers of Ukrainian consumers with very low disposable incomes and very little confidence in their economic situation. Consumption behaviour has changed markedly in recent years, with the majority of consumers now strictly adhering to precompiled shopping lists when shopping for groceries, as well as preferring any products with low unit prices. Ukrainians are increasingly attracted to value for money; this has made many people willing to change brands and even switch to replacement products in order to obtain the best deals.
- Ready meals in Ukraine remained quite concentrated in 2015, with the top four companies accounting for 68% of total current value sales. Try Vedmedi remained the leading player, claiming an overall value share of 22%. Herkules ranked second overall with a value share of 21%, whilst Drygalo rounded out the top three with a 16% share and Levada Group had 10% share. The companies enjoy a strong early mover advantage in this category, and their same name brands offer a wide choice of product types and flavour variants in frozen ready meals.
- The performance of ready meals over the forecast period is set to be influenced by several diverse and conflicting consumer trends. On the one hand, there is set to be the ongoing trend towards entertaining guests at home, which is set to continue driving consumers away from the much more expensive option of consumer foodservice. On the other hand, there is also the growing trend towards cooking meals from scratch using fresh ingredients, which is gaining ground amongst recession-struck Ukrainian households. Cooking one’s own meals may be relatively time consuming; however, this enables the cooks to choose their own ingredients and, crucially, at a lower cost than the price of the average ready meal. In addition, the timesaving properties of ready meals are largely irrelevant to Ukraine's many unemployed and underemployed consumers, a group of people who generally appreciate learning new cooking skills and developing their existing cooking skills whilst saving money.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Ready meals Market Research Report
Sample Ready meals Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Ready meals industry in Ukraine with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Ready meals industry in Ukraine, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Ready meals in Ukraine market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Ready meals in Ukraine?
- What are the major brands in Ukraine?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- How are manufacturers leveraging popular restaurant chains to help more austere consumers recreate a restaurant experience at home?
- How much are consumers willing to pay for convenience?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Ready Meals in Ukraine - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Chilled Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Frozen Ready Meals by Ethnicity: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Ready Meals: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 9 Distribution of Ready Meals by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Ready Meals by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Packaged Food in Ukraine - Industry Context
The economic downturn continues to affect the growth of packaged food
Anti-terrorist operations and uncertain future influence the mood of consumers
Artisanal producers and Ukrainian companies remain the top players
The positions of modern and traditional grocery retailers are reversing
Value-oriented consumer purchasing behaviour expected to remain significant
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumers switch towards private label and cheaper brands
Anti-terroristic operation and boycott of Russian products changed customers habits
Modern retailing favours packaged food consumption
Price-sensitive consumers are strongly influenced by discounts and good value deals
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 15 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 1 Research Sources