- Further product segmentation and the promotion of brands which target teenagers who are only beginning to menstruate were the main trends in sanitary protection in Costa Rica during 2012. Local manufacturers continued to engage in efforts to add features and functions to their products with the aim of differentiating them from the many competing products in the category which can be seen on the shelves of Costa Rican grocery retailers. The manufacturers of sanitary protection in Costa Rica pay special attention to boosting the popularity of ultra-thin and ‘invisible’ towels, which remain the most popular options among teenagers and young women due to their convenience, portability and discreet fit.
- SCA Consumidor México & Centroamérica maintained its strong lead in sanitary protection during 2012 with a value share of 42% thanks to its leading brand Saba, which is widely available in the majority of grocery retail outlets at very competitive prices. The success of this brand in Costa Rica can be associated with the top-of-mind positioning which SCA Consumidor México & Centroamérica has been able to develop among younger local consumers under the Saba Teens brand extension. This has helped this company consolidate a loyal base of consumers which continues to purchase its products. Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA followed in second position with a 35% value share. Kimberly-Clark continues to benefit from the traditionally high recognition of its Kotex brand in Costa Rica. In particular, Kotex has been popular among older consumers for many years, and many older Costa Ricans use Kotex as a generic word for all sanitary protection products, although this has been gradually disappearing over the years. Over the course of the previous decade, Kimberly-Clark has also made strong efforts to attract younger consumers and the company has been able to benefit from its extensive experience it has in developing efficient manufacturing and distribution networks.
- Further product segmentation and the strong desire of the category’s leading manufacturers to establish a strong brand identity among younger consumers as soon as they begin menstruating are expected to remain the main trends in sanitary protection in Costa Rica over the forecast period. The category’s leading manufacturers are also expected to continue making efforts to introduce value-added features into their products, especially in terms of offering greater absorbency in more compact sizes as these are the features which appeal to the broadest base of Costa Rican women. This activity is likely to focus on ultra-thin towels, a category which is expected to continue increasing in popularity over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Sanitary Protection Market Research Report
Sample Sanitary Protection Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sanitary Protection Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 4 Sanitary Protection Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Tissue and Hygiene in Costa Rica - Industry Context
Modest growth rates are registered due to slow economic recovery
First-necessity and value-for-money products continue leading sales during 2012
New international competitors enter local market
Modern grocery retailers continue as the preferred outlets
Slow economic recovery could negatively affect sales of value-added products
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2007-2012
- Table 8 Infant Population 2007-2012
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 11 Households 2007-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2012-2017
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 19 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 20 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 21 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017