- In recent years, sanitary protection manufacturers in Costa Rica have become increasingly reliant on value-added product features and innovations (especially in the area of packaging) as a means of creating more positive usage experiences for consumers and thereby strengthening their emotional connection to specific brands. Companies have also increased invested in educational campaigns to promote wider acceptance of less traditional options such as tampons, as well as to encourage greater usage of well established product types like pantyliners. In the case of pantyliners, such efforts have been mainly focused on older women, while producers of tampons have primarily targeted younger women, so as to establish long term brand relationships and consumption patterns.
- SCA Consumidor México & Centroamérica maintained its leadership in sanitary protection in 2014, claiming an overall retail value share of 41% with its Saba brand. Saba has an attractive price-quality ratio and is widely available via grocery and health and beauty specialist retailers outlets across Costa Rica. It is especially popular among younger women, who appreciate the high level of segmentation offered by the Saba range. Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica remained the second leading player overall in 2014, claiming a retail value share of 35% with its Kotex brand. Kotex is traditionally most popular among older women, though in recent years Kimberly-Clark has invested in marketing campaigns and packaging changes designed to strengthen the appeal of the brand among younger consumers. The only other prominent competitors in the highly concentrated sanitary protection category in 2014 were Johnson & Johnson de Costa Rica SA, Procter & Gamble Interamericas de Costa Rica and International Distributions IMA SA.
- Further improvements in the availability of and demand for value-added products that are capable of meeting the needs of different consumers or better suited to different usage occasions looks likely to be the most significant trend in sanitary protection over the forecast period. In particular, manufacturers are expected to try and strengthen the appeal of their brands among younger women by offering more discreet (ie smaller or thinner) products that provide comfort, convenience and strong protection at reasonable prices. Companies will also continue to invest in various marketing activities aimed at strengthening the emotional connection between their brands and younger women.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Sanitary Protection Market Research Report
Sample Sanitary Protection Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica - Company Profiles
Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA in Tissue and Hygiene (Costa Rica)
- Summary 1 Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA Key Facts
- Summary 2 Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA: Competitive Position 2014
SCA Consumidor México & Centroamérica in Tissue and Hygiene (Costa Rica)
- Summary 3 SCA Consumidor México & Centroamérica: Key Facts
- Summary 4 SCA Consumidor México & Centroamérica: Competitive Position 2014
Tissue and Hygiene in Costa Rica - Industry Context
Demand for tissue and hygiene products continues to grow steadily in 2014
Pricing and product availability are key competitive battlegrounds
Cheaper imports pose growing challenge to established tissue and hygiene players
Manufacturers focus on strengthening distribution via traditional channels
Greater segmentation and polarisation expected over the forecast period
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2009-2014
- Table 8 Infant Population 2009-2014
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 11 Households 2009-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2014-2019
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 5 Research Sources