- The further movement towards offering more added value and premium products was the main trend within sanitary protection in Costa Rica during 2013. As demand for value for money continued to develop, manufacturers added value features to their brands. They also encouraged the use of more innovative products such as tampons and pantyliners, which are capable of generating better profit margins to producers, while suiting and increasing the number of usage occasions among women.
- SCA Consumidor México & Centroamérica maintained its leadership within sanitary protection during 2013, with a value share of 41%, thanks to the strong positioning of its brand Saba, which is widely available at most grocery and health retail outlets in the country and has very competitive prices. The success of this brand in Costa Rica is associated with the top-of-mind that Saba was able to generate among younger local women, who often feel attracted by the good levels of segmentation offered by these products, complemented by appealing packaging styles and marketing campaigns. This helped this international manufacturer to consolidate a loyal base of consumers who continue to purchase its products. Kimberly-Clark Costa Rica SA followed in second position with 35% value share. Kimberly-Clark continues to benefit from the traditionally high recognition of its Kotex brand in Costa Rica, particularly among more mature consumers for whom Kotex was a generic word for all sanitary protection products for many years. Over the review period, Kimberly-Clark also engaged in refreshing the image and positioning of its products lines, targeting a younger base of potential buyers, by offering more value added features and more modern packaging styles.
- The use of additional levels of product segmentation was anticipated to become the major trend for further development of sanitary protection over the forecast period. Manufacturers will remain focused on continuing to add value to their products by encouraging their current and younger base of buyers to identify with more premium and functional products. Given the good opportunities generated by the increasing access to internet and social media, most producers are also expected to continue investing more marketing resources in these virtual communications platforms. They aim to create longer-term relations with their clients, while developing stronger brand loyalty for their products.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Sanitary Protection Market Research Report
Sample Sanitary Protection Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Sanitary Protection in Costa Rica - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Sanitary Protection: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Tissue and Hygiene in Costa Rica - Industry Context
Increasing penetration of economic goods limits value growth in 2013
Segmentation and polarisation are the main trends
Availability of new imported brands increases the competitive environment in Costa Rica
Modern grocery channels continue increasing in relevance
Further segmentation and premiumisation are expected over the forecast period
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2008-2013
- Table 8 Infant Population 2008-2013
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 11 Households 2008-2013
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2013-2018
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 1 Research Sources