- Unicharm Industries, a Japanese player, entered into the market in July 2011 with the film actress Prachi Desai to reach out to customers, but soon she was replaced with Anushka Sharma. Also, Johnson & Johnson has broadcast an advertisement with Sharmila Tagore and Sakshi Tanwar to create awareness amongst women. So, the current trend in this industry is more towards advertisements to enhance the sales as well as to create the awareness about the health and hygiene conditions.
- Procter & Gamble’s Whisper brand led value sales with a share of 56% in 2012. The company has vertically diversified its sanitary protection product portfolio of sanitary towels, pantyliners and imported feminine hygiene through third party distributors such as Universal Corporation Ltd. The strong diversified product portfolio has aggressively reduced market risks across sanitary protection on a long-term basis.
- With the shift towards rural sanitary protection, this market will witness new entrants over the first 2-3 years of the forecast period. New entrants focusing on rural markets will offer value for money product portfolios such as “Safety-Feel Free” (offering minimal leakage) and will aggressively expand regional and local penetration. Dominant sanitary protection brands such as Whisper, Carefree, and Stayfree will have strong urban customer loyalty and retention rates.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Sanitary Protection Market Research Report
Sample Sanitary Protection Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in India with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in India market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in India?
- What are the major brands in India?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Sanitary Protection in India - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sanitary towels by type of use: % value analysis 2004-2012
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Retail Sales of Tampons by Application Format: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 5 Sanitary Protection Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 6 Sanitary Protection Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Sanitary Protection in India - Company Profiles
Johnson & Johnson (India) Ltd in Tissue and Hygiene (India)
- Summary 1 Johnson & Johnson (India) Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Johnson & Johnson (India) Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Kimberly-Clark Lever Ltd in Tissue and Hygiene (India)
- Summary 3 Kimberly-Clark Lever Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Kimberly-Clark Lever Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health Care Ltd in Tissue and Hygiene (India)
- Table 9 Summary1 Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health Care Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health Care Ltd: Competitive Position 2011
Tissue and Hygiene in India - Industry Context
Strong growth despite inflationary pressures
Multinationals lead retail hygiene while domestic companies lead retail tissue
Modern retailing continues to boost penetration level of tissue and hygiene
Private label makes its mark
Strong impetus for growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Special occasions and events drive both retail and away-from-home sales
Smaller players to be hit as large companies are on expansion spree
Convenience and novelty are key features of new product innovation
Development of shopping malls and hotel industry supports AFH sales
Rising raw material prices become a major concern
TERRITORY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
East and Northeast India
RURAL VS URBAN KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 10 Birth Rates 2007-2012
- Table 11 Infant Population 2007-2012
- Table 12 Female Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 13 Total Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 14 Households 2007-2012
- Table 15 Forecast Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 16 Forecast Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 17 Forecast Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 18 Forecast Households 2012-2017
- Table 19 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 20 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 21 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Region: Value 2007-2012
- Table 22 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Region: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 23 Retail Sales of Hygiene by Rural-Urban % Analysis 2012
- Table 24 Retail Sales of Tissue by Rural-Urban % Analysis 2012
- Table 25 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 26 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 27 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 28 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 29 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 30 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 31 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 32 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Region: Value 2012-2017
- Table 33 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Region: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 6 Research Sources