- The demographic trend of an ageing population has affected a shift from sanitary protection towards incontinence protective products, which has been eased by supermarket chains displaying light incontinence products next to sanitary protection products like towels. This shift is welcomed by retail stores, since the average mark up of incontinence products is higher than on sanitary protection.
- The sanitary protection market in Switzerland is led by Procter & Gamble with 35% current value share with a number of strong premium brands like Always, and Tampax, with a long lasting leading position and stable shares throughout the years. The second and third position were also fixed and stable in the ranking list with Johnson & Johnson with Carefree and ob as runner-up at 22% and Migros listed at third position with its brand Molfina at 21%
- The dominant trend that will affect the sanitary protection market in the forecast period is a shift of ageing female consumers from sanitary protection towards incontinence products. This will cause a static value and volume market of sanitary products in the forecast period and a growth of the incontinence market.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Sanitary Protection Market Research Report
Sample Sanitary Protection Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Sanitary Protection in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Retail Sales of Tampons by Application Format: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sanitary Protection Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Sanitary Protection Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Retail Sales of Sanitary Protection by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Sanitary Protection in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Flawa Schweizer Verbandstoff & Wattefabriken AG in Tissue and Hygiene (Switzerland)
- Summary 1 Flawa Schweizer Verbandstoff & Wattefabriken AG: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Flawa Schweizer Verbandstoff & Wattefabriken AG: Production Sites 2012
- Summary 3 Flawa Schweizer Verbandstoff & Wattefabriken AG: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 4 Flawa Schweizer Verbandstoff & Wattefabriken AG: Competitive Position 2012
Iromedica AG in Tissue and Hygiene (Switzerland)
- Summary 5 Iromedica AG: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Iromedica AG: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 7 Iromedica AG: Competitive Position 2012
Tissue and Hygiene in Switzerland - Industry Context
Economic expansion cannot halt slowdown in value growth of tissue and hygiene
Ageing population has mixed impact on value sales
Private label maintains performance in tissue and hygiene industry
Supermarkets remains consumers’ favourite channel
Slight increase in value sales still expected amidst static price movement
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTSR
Macroeconomic situation contributes to slowdown in value growth
Environmental awareness has become a mainstream consumer attitude in Switzerland
Demographic trend of ageing has profound influence on sales
Convenience and effectiveness: Key issues in tissue and hygiene products
Private label competes well against global brands
- Table 8 Birth Rates 2007-2012
- Table 9 Infant Population 2007-2012
- Table 10 Female Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 11 Total Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 12 Households 2007-2012
- Table 13 Forecast Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 16 Forecast Households 2012-2017
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 18 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 19 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 20 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 21 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 22 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 23 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 8 Research Sources