- Chewing tobacco and snuff have never been popular in Japan. Although it is legal to sell smokeless tobacco in the country, its distribution is limited to certain tobacco specialists. Chewing tobacco is often socially unacceptable in Japanese society and thus the category remained insignificant in 2012. Snuff is also negligible, but Japan Tobacco’s Zero Style brand is available. Unlike regular snuff present in other countries, Zero Style is unique in its smoking design. Users place tobacco leaves in a plastic tube case to enjoy the flavour. As Japanese consumers are unfamiliar with smokeless tobacco, Japan Tobacco reformed snuff into a tobacco leaf filled cartridge to enable consumers to enjoy the flavours of tobacco through smell instead of inhaling smoke.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smokeless Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smokeless Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smokeless Tobacco industry in Japan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smokeless Tobacco industry in Japan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smokeless Tobacco in Japan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smokeless Tobacco in Japan?
- What are the major brands in Japan?
- What are the traditional types of smokeless tobacco available in Japan?
- What is the product awareness of smokeless tobacco in Japan?
- What innovations are present in smokeless tobacco in Japan?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tobacco market research database.
Table of Contents
Smokeless Tobacco in Japan - Category Analysis
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smokeless tobacco - New Product Launches
Tobacco in Japan - Industry Context
Volume sales of cigarettes register a slight increase in 2012
Menthol flavour continues to lead the cigarette category
Japan Tobacco regains some share but does not reach pre-earthquake levels
Economy brands continue to demonstrate strong growth
Mild Seven is expected to undergo major brand renewal in 2013
- Summary 2 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 1 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 2 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 3 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 4 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 5 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 6 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 7 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 8 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 3 Research Sources