- There is very little tradition regarding pipe smoking or RYO smoking in Argentina, especially compared with the consumption of other tobacco products such as cigarettes. RYO tobacco consumption is associated with low-income consumers, mainly in the northern provinces of the country, such as Formosa or Chaco. Pipe tobacco consumers tend to be middle-aged men with high purchasing power.
- Coimexpor Argentina SA was the leader of the RYO tobacco category in 2013 with 27% of volume sales. The most important brand is Rodeo.
- If the government policy regarding tobacco remains stable and the price of cigarettes continue to increase well below the inflation rate, RYO tobacco will remain unappealing to consumers. Over the forecast period it is expected that the fall in demand will equate to a marginal CAGR decline in volume sales terms.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Argentina with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Argentina, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Argentina market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Argentina?
- What are the major brands in Argentina?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Argentina - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Smoking Tobacco in Argentina - Company Profiles
Coimexpor Argentina SA in Tobacco (Argentina)
- Summary 1 Coimexpor Argentina SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Coimexpor Argentina SA: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 3 Coimexpor Argentina SA: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Argentina - Industry Context
Tobacco consumption keeps dropping
High tar vanishes from cigarettes category
Menthol-flavour capsules is a fast-growing trend
New warning images on tobacco packaging
- Summary 4 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity regulation
Flavoured tobacco products
Death by cause
- Table 16 Deaths by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty-paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 19 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
- Table 20 Trade Statistics – Tobacco Leaf 2008-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 21 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 5 Research Sources