- The tradition of pipe or RYO smoking in Argentina is extremely low compared with cigarettes and is segmented by class. RYO tobacco consumption focuses on low-income consumers, while the consumption of pipe tobacco is concentrated among those with medium to high purchasing power with an average age of above 50 years.
- In RYO tobacco, the national company Coimexpor Argentina SA leads with 36% of sales. The Rodeo brand is the most important and the company slowly distributed it in forecourt retailers to expand sales.
- The consumption of smoking tobacco will be stagnant over the forecast period. The slight increase in the expected consumption of RYO tobacco will offset the projected decline in the consumption of pipe tobacco.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Argentina with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Argentina, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Argentina market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Argentina?
- What are the major brands in Argentina?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Argentina - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Smoking Tobacco in Argentina - Company Profiles
Coimexpor Argentina SA in Tobacco (Argentina)
- Summary 1 Coimexpor Argentina SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Coimexpor Argentina SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Coimexpor Argentina SA: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 4 Coimexpor Argentina SA: Competitive Position 2012
Tobacco in Argentina - Industry Context
Tobacco consumption declines again
Menthol cigarettes record growth
Manufacturers adapt slowly to the new anti-tobacco law
Obstacles to imports negatively impact tobacco
Obligatory changes to cigarettes in 2013
- Summary 5 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 15 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 16 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 17 Trade Statistics – Tobacco Leaf 2007-2012
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 18 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 6 Research Sources