- With rising cigarette prices year after year in Austria, many smokers are looking for cheaper alternatives. While many simply choose another cigarette brand that is priced the same as the brand they used to use prior to the price increases, there are others who simply stop buying cigarettes and turn to RYO tobacco. While in the past, RYO versions of smoking tobacco were mainly used by students and younger price-sensitive smokers, over the review period smoking tobacco has become increasingly popular among smokers other than students.
- In 2014, smoking tobacco was led by Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH, which posted a 24% volume share. The company was positioned as the leader thanks to its wide range of brands, which include John Player, Drum, Golden Virginia, West, Gauloises and Amphora. Consequently, Imperial Tobacco had the highest number of brands within smoking tobacco in 2014.
- Over the forecast period, smoking tobacco is set to continue to be influenced by the shift away from cigarettes to RYO and MYO cigarettes. However, compared to the CAGR of the review period, volume and value sales are expected to post a slowdown over the forecast period; this is primarily expected to be ascribed to continued decline of pipe tobacco.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Austria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Austria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Austria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Austria?
- What are the major brands in Austria?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Austria - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Smoking Tobacco in Austria - Company Profiles
Austria Tabak GmbH in Tobacco (Austria)
- Summary 2 Austria Tabak GmbH: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Austria Tabak GmbH: Competitive Position 2014
Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH in Tobacco (Austria)
- Summary 4 Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Austria - Industry Context
Overall tobacco sees a positive performance
Economy segment continues to thrive, and producers react
The “Big Four” continue to dominate tobacco in Austria
Distribution remains unchanged, with changes anticipated for vapour devices distribution
Tobacco is anticipated to see a positive future performance
- Summary 7 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 19 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 8 Research Sources