- Smoking tobacco posted strong volume growth in 2013, with a 7% gain in RYO tobacco easily offsetting a further decline in pipe tobacco. After regular price increases on cigarettes, it appears that RYO tobacco has a bigger audience than ever, although it still remained a relatively small category. It is usually consumed by younger Austrians, primarily university students and other price-sensitive consumers who have been affected by the high prices of cigarettes.
- Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH led smoking tobacco in 2013 thanks to its leadership in RYO tobacco, in which the company benefited from the category’s general growth and once again increased its volume share. In particular, the company profited from the success of its economy MYO tobacco brands John Player and West, while its classic RYO brands Golden Virginia and Drum registered weaker growth.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to post a healthy volume CAGR of 5% over the forecast period, which will be slightly better than the review period average. The shift from cigarettes to RYO tobacco is expected to continue. The price of smoking tobacco will be affected by previously agreed annual tax increases between 2014 and 2017. However, as tax increases have already been agreed on cigarettes, RYO and MYO will remain cheaper options for smokers than traditional cigarettes.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Austria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Austria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Austria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Austria?
- What are the major brands in Austria?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Austria - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Smoking Tobacco in Austria - Company Profiles
Austria Tabak GmbH in Tobacco (Austria)
- Summary 2 Austria Tabak GmbH: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Austria Tabak GmbH: Competitive Position 2013
Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH in Tobacco (Austria)
- Summary 4 Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Austria - Industry Context
Tobacco market in Austria remains fairly stable in 2013
Massive tax increase causes dip in cigarillo volume sales
Four global players dominate the tobacco market in Austria
Monopoly Administrator controls distribution
Cigarettes expected to drive slow volume decline over the forecast period
- Summary 7 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 19 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 8 Research Sources