- There is no great tradition for smoking tobacco in Austria. RYO tobacco, or Wuzeltabak as it is known in Austria, is relatively new and is usually consumed by younger Austrians, primarily university students and other price-sensitive consumers who have been affected by the high prices of cigarettes. After constant price increases in cigarettes, it appears that smoking tobacco has a bigger audience than ever before. Pipe tobacco in comparison is considered rather old-fashioned and its consumption remains the domain of pipe enthusiasts.
- Austria Tabak GmbH led smoking tobacco in 2012 with a retail volume share of 25% thanks to the popularity of brands such as Smart and Landtabak. Nevertheless, it continuously lost share over the review period and particularly in 2012 after discontinuing its Altesse brand. As a subsidiary of Japan Tobacco International, Austria Tabak also owns Tobaccoland GmbH, which is the leading distributor of tobacco products in the country, thus giving the company a competitive edge over other producers.
- The shift from cigarettes to RYO tobacco is expected to continue over the forecast period due to the rising prices of cigarettes. Even though the prices of smoking tobacco are also expected to increase, RYO and MYO will still be cheaper options for smokers than traditional cigarettes. In addition, the trend towards natural tobacco is also expected to prevail and more producers are likely to launch products featuring this concept.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Austria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Austria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Austria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Austria?
- What are the major brands in Austria?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Austria - Category Analysis
The Role and Effect of Cannabis/Marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco - New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Smoking Tobacco in Austria - Company Profiles
Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH in Tobacco (Austria)
- Summary 2 Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Imperial Tobacco Austria Marketing Service GmbH: Competitive Position 2012
Tobacco in Austria - Industry Context
Growing illicit trade harms the tobacco market in Austria
Smoking tobacco a growing area
Large global players dominate the market
Tobacco specialists have a firm grip on retail sales
Slow decline expected for the tobacco industry
- Summary 5 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising & sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 15 Taxation and Duty Levies on Cigarettes 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 16 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 17 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2008-2012
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 18 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 6 Research Sources