- Smoking tobacco in Azerbaijan has a tradition, although it is weaker than cigars and cigarillos. Smoking tobacco makes very little contribution to overall sales of tobacco, with very low volume and value sales. This is due to the fact that Azerbaijan was part of the Soviet Union for 70 years and in the Soviet Union cigarettes were the only available legal smoking material (except Makhorka occasionally which was mainly in Russia). Smoking tobacco mostly began to gain acceptance in Azerbaijan in the 2000s when it started to be imported in different varieties from Europe. RYO tobacco is more popular than Pipe tobacco. Both product types are expensive for most Azerbaijanis and are regarded as premium products.
- Planta Tabak-Manufaktur Dr Manfred Obermann GmbH & Co led smoking tobacco in 2013 with 67% volume share. Imperial Tobacco and Swedish Match ranked second and third, respectively with 5% and 4% volume share. Cahan Tobacco and Al-Fakher are catching up very rapidly, with over 2% volume share each; their wide range of products and flavours are strategically positioned in tobacco specialist, Tustu.
- Over the forecast period, flavour is expected to be a main driver of demand in water pipe tobacco; manufacturers will seek to launch new flavours to cater for changing consumer tastes, or just consumers willing to discover new tastes.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Azerbaijan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Azerbaijan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Azerbaijan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Azerbaijan?
- What are the major brands in Azerbaijan?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Azerbaijan - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Smoking Tobacco in Azerbaijan - Company Profiles
Imperial Tobacco MMC in Tobacco (Azerbaijan)
- Summary 1 Imperial Tobacco MMC: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Imperial Tobacco MMC: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Azerbaijan - Industry Context
Tobacco successfully falls into health awareness trends
Unit prices increase further in 2013
Imperial Tobacco continues to lead sales
Independent small grocers leads sales of cigarettes, while tobacco specialists leads cigar and smoking tobacco
Health awareness set to further impact tobacco
- Summary 3 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 19 Trade Statistics – Tobacco Leaf 2008-2013
- Table 20 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 21 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 4 Research Sources