- The tradition for smoking tobacco has always been weaker than that for other tobacco products in Azerbaijan. This is due to the fact that Azerbaijan was part of the Soviet Union for 70 years and in the Soviet Union cigarettes were the only available legal smoking material. Smoking tobacco mostly began to gain acceptance in Azerbaijan in the 2000s when it started to be imported in different varieties from Europe. Between 2013 and 2014, due to curious smokers and increasing living standards, these products became more widespread.
- In 2014, Gryson NV achieved the leading position in smoking tobacco with a retail volume share of 36%. Philip Morris International ranked second with 27%, while Imperial Tobacco Group ranked third with a share of 10%. Al Fakher Tobacco Trading LLC and Reynolds American Inc are gradually gaining share and are expected to continue to do so over the forecast period.
- Over the forecast period the popularity of water pipe tobacco among young smokers will drive demand for new flavours and brands. Moreover, an expected influx of tourists because of the first European Games in Baku in 2015 could well boost sales of RYO tobacco and pipe tobacco products.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Azerbaijan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Azerbaijan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Azerbaijan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Azerbaijan?
- What are the major brands in Azerbaijan?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Azerbaijan - Category Analysis
THE ROLE AND EFFECT OF CANNABIS/MARIJUANA
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Smoking Tobacco in Azerbaijan - Company Profiles
Cahan Tobacco MMC in Tobacco (Azerbaijan)
- Summary 2 Cahan Tobacco MMC: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Cahan Tobacco MMC: Competitive Position 2014
Gryson NV in Tobacco (Azerbaijan)
- Summary 4 Gryson NV: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Gryson NV: Competitive Position 2014
Imperial Tobacco MMC in Tobacco (Azerbaijan)
- Summary 6 Imperial Tobacco MMC: Key Facts
- Summary 7 Imperial Tobacco MMC: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Azerbaijan - Industry Context
Economy brands continue to lose volume share
Increases in unit price
Cahan Tobacco MMC assumes leading position
Independent small grocers remains the leading distribution channel for cigarettes
Legislative changes and price increases to put pressure on forecast growth rates
- Summary 8 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 17 Trade Statistics: Tobacco Leaf 2009-2014
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 18 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 9 Research Sources