- During 2014, smoking tobacco was still facing a somewhat contradictory performance between RYO tobacco on the one hand and pipe tobacco on the other. RYO tobacco performed very well in 2014, increasing in volume by 6%, while pipe tobacco declined in volume by 8%. However, given the much larger size of RYO tobacco than pipe tobacco, smoking tobacco overall increased in volume by 6% in 2014.
- British American Tobacco Belgium SA held its position as the leading manufacturer in smoking tobacco and 2014 with a 55% volume share, which represents a slight increase from 2013. The company is only present in RYO tobacco and offers numerous brands within that category, thus offering a comprehensive portfolio. The company owns the four largest smoking tobacco brands in Belgium which are Ajja, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Samson.
- Smoking tobacco is set to be among the few tobacco categories to record positive growth over the forecast period, with volume and value sales to increase at a CAGR of 3% in constant 2014 terms. RYO tobacco is set to remain the major driver of this growth thanks to its value-for-money positioning within the context of rising taxation and rising prices for other tobacco products such as cigarettes and cigars.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Belgium?
- What are the major brands in Belgium?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Belgium - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Smoking Tobacco in Belgium - Company Profiles
British American Tobacco Belgium SA in Tobacco (Belgium)
- Summary 2 British American Tobacco Belgium SA: Key Facts
- Summary 3 British American Tobacco Belgium SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 British American Tobacco Belgium SA: Competitive Position 2014
Imperial Tobacco Belgium in Tobacco (Belgium)
- Summary 5 Imperial Tobacco Belgium: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Imperial Tobacco Belgium: Competitive Position 2014
Philip Morris Belgium BVBA in Tobacco (Belgium)
- Summary 7 Philip Morris Belgium BVBA: Key Facts
- Summary 8 Philip Morris Belgium BVBA: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Belgium - Industry Context
Down trading leads to value decline in cigarettes
New EU Directive introduces tougher rules
Big multinational players strengthen their positions amidst market consolidation
Grocery retailers increase their share of tobacco sales
Future sales expected to decline
- Summary 9 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples (Pack of 19)
- Table 19 Trade Statistics: Cigarettes 2009-2014
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 20 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 10 Research Sources