- Whereas pipe smoking is a habit characteristic of older people in Belgium, RYO tobacco used to be limited to the poorer consumer base. Belgium has always been more of a cigarette smoking country. However, since the economic crisis RYO tobacco has been gaining momentum, as consumers sought cheaper alternatives to cigarettes. Consuming RYO tobacco is no longer a question of social class. Since 2010, RYO tobacco has clearly appealed to all sorts of people, particularly teenagers and young adults, who primarily choose economy products. Moreover, the “additive-free” trend which developed in cigarettes was actually launched first in RYO tobacco; a more natural market for consumers’ more sophisticated choices. Amongst such additive-free brands is Pueblo.
- In 2012, British American Tobacco Belgium continued to lead both smoking tobacco and RYO tobacco with a dominant volume share. Ranked a far second was Imperial Tobacco Belgium. As cigarettes, smoking tobacco in Belgium is dominated by international companies. However, the domestic manufacturer Gryson also commands a reasonable share of sales.
- Riding the positive trend in 2012, smoking tobacco is expected to grow further over the 2012-2017 forecast period in volume terms. Whilst the success of RYO tobacco is expected to continue, its growth rate is expected to slow down during the forecast period, due to several factors. Whilst taxation will not affect RYO tobacco as heavily as cigarettes, prices will increase, resulting in pressure on consumers to either smoke less or buy in other countries.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Belgium?
- What are the major brands in Belgium?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Belgium - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Smoking Tobacco in Belgium - Company Profiles
British American Tobacco Belgium SA in Tobacco (Belgium)
- Summary 2 British American Tobacco Belgium SA: Key Facts
- Summary 3 British American Tobacco Belgium SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 British American Tobacco Belgium SA: Competitive Position 2012
Imperial Tobacco Belgium in Tobacco (Belgium)
- Summary 5 Imperial Tobacco Belgium: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Imperial Tobacco Belgium: Competitive Position 2012
Philip Morris Belgium BVBA in Tobacco (Belgium)
- Summary 7 Philip Morris Belgium BVBA: Key Facts
- Summary 8 Philip Morris Belgium BVBA: Competitive Position 2012
Tobacco in Belgium - Industry Context
Cross-border sales push volume growth in 2012
RYO and MYO benefit from the decline in cigarettes excluding cross border sales
The big four continue to lead sales
Mainstream grocery retailers gain strength in 2012
The shift from cigarettes to RYO and MYO is expected to continue
- Summary 9 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Advertising and sponsorship
Point of sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 15 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 16 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 17 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 10 Research Sources