- Thanks to the wide consumer base of cigarettes, smoking tobacco sales remain limited in China. Mostly unpackaged, smoking tobacco is usually consumed via traditional pipe smoking by farmers in rural areas. RYO tobacco is normally chosen owing to its affordability. The development of smoking tobacco has been sluggish due to the deep penetration of cigarettes, particularly low-end products, into rural areas.
- With sales being scattered amongst small local players, smoking tobacco remains highly fragmented in China, with there being no leading players in the area. None of the leading players in tobacco have shown interest in smoking tobacco due to much lower profit margins than within cigarettes and cigars and much narrower consumer bases.
- Smoking tobacco sales will remain very fragmented and limited over the forecast period owing to the lack of interest on the part of leading tobacco players in this niche area. Meanwhile, more rural consumers are likely to trade-up to cigarettes due to rising incomes.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in China?
- What are the major brands in China?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in China - Category Analysis
Tobacco in China - Industry Context
Falling tobacco volume growth due to rising health concerns
Product trading-up fuels value growth
Stellar performance of low tar cigarettes due to industry regulation
Domestic players further consolidate leadership
Volume sales expected to remain stable but strong projected value growth
- Summary 1 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 1 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 2 Taxation and Duty Levies 2006-2011
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 3 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown
- Table 4 Trade Statistics – Finished Cigarettes 2007-2012
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 5 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 6 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 7 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 8 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 9 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 2 Research Sources