- Colombia has no tradition of RYO smoking, with all cigarette consumption coming from manufactured sticks. Pipe smoking exists, but is not a significant national tradition and is limited to a minor niche of older consumers. While water pipe tobacco consumption showed signs of growth over the review period, the fad was dampened by public smoking bans that prevented smoking in bars and restaurants.
- The largest smoking tobacco players are Swedish Match AB, British American Tobacco Plc and Imperial Tobacco Group Plc. All of these companies import production from abroad and distribute to retailers in Colombia.
- Without any major innovations or pushes to popularise new products, which are unlikely, demographics will influence the future of smoking tobacco. As the target market consists exclusively of older consumers, the market will continue to shrink as they quit or die without the replacement of new smokers. Smoking will therefore continue to perform poorly.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Colombia - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Tobacco in Colombia - Industry Context
Poor volume performance continues
Low tar cigarettes has slowest negative growth
Huge rise in illicit trade
Continued volume decline ahead
- Summary 1 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 12 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 13 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 14 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 15 Trade Statistics – Tobacco Leaf 2007-2012
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 16 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 2 Research Sources