- The Danes have a long history of smoking and growing tobacco dating back more than 300 years. In the 17th century, tobacco was cultivated in Denmark. One of the reasons for this was that it was costly to import tobacco from overseas and this made the green leaves very precious. These developments led to the strong growth of the local industry and tobacco consumption. In addition, due to this development, from the 1960s onwards Denmark became the world pipe-making centre, where the making of briar pipes has developed into a fine art. Presently, pipe smoking is still holding its ground. The leading companies such as Scandinavian Tobacco Group and Mac Baren Tobacco are well known nationally and internationally.
- The domestic companies Scandinavian Tobacco Group and Mac Baren Tobacco Company dominate smoking tobacco with respective volume shares of 73% and 22% in 2014. The two companies are also well known internationally and have a very reliable reputation. There are small foreign companies that are present on the Danish market like Petersen of Dublin and House of Samuel Gawith & Co Ltd, from Ireland and the UK respectively. Their products are mainly sold through tobacco specialist stores.
- Manufacturers are expected to target forecast period product innovation towards growing consumer interest in quality smoking experiences. This will see more product introductions like My Own Blend Tidens Tobak in pipe tobacco in 2014 and 2015, and My Own Blend Handrolling in RYO tobacco in 2015. Connoisseur lifestyle was a growing trend amongst 25- to 35-year-old Danes over the review period, and this trend looks set to grow further in prominence.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Denmark market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Denmark?
- What are the major brands in Denmark?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Denmark - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Smoking Tobacco in Denmark - Company Profiles
Mac Baren Tobacco Co A/S in Tobacco (Denmark)
- Summary 2 Mac Baren Tobacco Co A/S: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Mac Baren Tobacco Co A/S: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Mac Baren Tobacco Co A/S: Competitive Position 2014
Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S in Tobacco (Denmark)
- Summary 5 Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 8 Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Denmark - Industry Context
Tobacco declining despite stabilising smoking prevalence
Connoisseur lifestyle consumers increasingly interested in premium tobacco
Danish and foreign multinationals lead tobacco sales
Dynamic economy cigarillo brands aimed at migrating cigarette smokers
Volume sales to decline relentlessly towards 2019
- Summary 9 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
- Table 18 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
- Table 19 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
- Table 20 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
- Table 21 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
- Table 22 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 23 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples (Pack of 20)
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 24 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 26 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 27 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 28 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 10 Research Sources