- Pipe smoking used to be a tradition in the 19th century and people who smoked pipes were considered to be of a higher status. Today, however, the tradition is almost lost as pipe tobacco is very expensive in Ecuador due to import costs and a lack of local production. Pipe smokers are usually older men and younger men who try it to follow family members.
- Since the category is quite fragmented, the brands sold vary, as the same brands cannot be constantly found. However, one of the most known brands is Captain Black from British American Tobacco (South America) Ltd. Other brands that have good public acceptance are Spring Water and Kalome. Among distributors, two of the most known are Tabaco y Pipa and Casa del Habano. The latter specialises in cigars, but also has a section for smoking tobacco.
- During the forecast period, pipe tobacco is set to post a slight decline as this market is currently niche. With little innovation and a youthful population base, there are few positives for this product type. On the other hand, RYO tobacco is currently incipient in Ecuador, but is expected to grow, mainly among upper income consumers looking for a quality smoking experience that is perceived as more natural.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Ecuador with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Ecuador, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Ecuador market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Ecuador?
- What are the major brands in Ecuador?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Ecuador - Category Analysis
THE ROLE AND EFFECT OF CANNABIS/MARIJUANA
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Smoking Tobacco in Ecuador - Company Profiles
British American Tobacco (South America) Ltd in Tobacco (Ecuador)
- Summary 1 British American Tobacco (South America) Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 British American Tobacco (South America) Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Tobacco in Ecuador - Industry Context
Stricter legislation causes deep changes in the tobacco industry
Growth slows across the board as a result of legislative changes
Sales of individual cigarettes increase
Contraband won’t fill the gap
Dark future lies ahead
- Summary 3 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Organic Law for the Regulation and Control of Tobacco
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 12 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty-paid packet marks
- Table 13 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 14 Trade Statistics – Cigarette Production/Imports/Exports 2007-2012
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 15 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 4 Research Sources