- RYO tobacco is traditionally popular amongst male smokers from the lower-income groups in France. Early in the review period, the factors for choosing RYO tobacco were the taste and health concerns. However, in recent years the profile of RYO tobacco smokers has changed, as the category in France has seen new consumers, including those who have switched from cigarettes to RYO tobacco due to its lower price.
- In RYO tobacco the competition is widely consolidated, with the top five players in cigarettes also being present in RYO tobacco, such as Seita Groupe Imperial Tobacco and British American Tobacco. JT International France was the leader in volume terms in France in 2013, thanks to its brands Fleur du Pays and Camel. It was followed by Philip Morris France with the brands Interval and Marlboro. Brands such as Camel and Marlboro in RYO tobacco take advantage of their popularity in cigarettes, as smokers are increasingly looking for the same taste as in cigarettes, only cheaper. The main distributor remained Logista, formerly Altadis Distribution France. British American Tobacco’s value growth in RYO tobacco was driven by Pall Mall, its largest brand.
- Roll your own tobacco is expected to continue to see a strong performance over the forecast period, due to the cheaper price of RYO products compared with cigarettes. Nevertheless, the high price increases on tobacco products will prevent stronger growth, and RYO tobacco is expected to experience slower growth than in the review period in both value terms at constant 2013 prices and volume terms. By contrast, pipe tobacco is expected to continue to decrease in both value terms at constant 2013 prices and in volume terms, due to the lack of renewal of the consumer base.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in France - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Cigarettes: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Smoking Tobacco in France - Company Profiles
Philip Morris France SAS in Tobacco (France)
- Summary 2 Philip Morris France SAS: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Philip Morris France SAS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Philip Morris France SAS: Competitive Position 2013
Seita Groupe Imperial Tobacco SA in Tobacco (France)
- Summary 5 Seita Groupe Imperial Tobacco SA: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Seita Groupe Imperial Tobacco SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Seita Groupe Imperial Tobacco SA: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in France - Industry Context
Volume sales of cigarettes reach a new low, as taxation increases retail prices
Legislation tightens the tobacco environment
The main players maintain their rankings in a consolidated market
E-cigarettes gain momentum
Gloomy forecast for tobacco
- Summary 8 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013 for Cigarettes
- Table 18 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013 for Cigars
- Table 19 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013 for Roll Your Own
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 20 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 21 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 22 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 26 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 9 Research Sources