- Smoking tobacco has a bigger historical culture in Georgia, as tobacco was grown in the country; correspondingly, smoking tobacco became a culture of the nation. Therefore, the tradition of smoking cigars or cigarillos is comparably new for Georgia. However, cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos have dramatically influenced the use of smoking tobacco, which is at a very low level in terms of volume and value sales in the country. The majority of smokers consider smoking tobacco to be quite inconvenient, so prefer ready-to-use tobacco products. Another issue that prevents Georgian smokers from using smoking tobacco is its higher price in comparison with cigarettes.
- During 2013, British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd led smoking tobacco volume sales in Georgia, achieving a 35% share, while Mac Baren Tobacco Co A/S was in second position with 28%, just ahead of Johann Wilhelm Von Eicken GmbH with 12%. The main brands of smoking tobacco’s leading player, British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd, have been sold in Georgia for many years and include Samson and Captain Black. The brands of Mac Baren Tobacco Co A/S, Mac Baren and Original Choice, are each very well known among Georgian consumers. Johann Wilhelm Von Eicken GmbH’s Harvest brand has been popular since its introduction in 2011. Quite a wide range of products is offered under the brand at reasonable prices.
- The shift away from cigarettes towards smoking tobacco in Georgia is quite insignificant, as smoking tobacco products remain expensive and unavailable for the majority of smokers. However, its healthier perception compared to cigarettes in mind of consumers is also expected to have a positive impact on sales of smoking tobacco.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Georgia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Georgia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Georgia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Georgia?
- What are the major brands in Georgia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Georgia - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Smoking Tobacco in Georgia - Company Profiles
British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd in Tobacco (Georgia)
- Summary 1 British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Georgia - Industry Context
Tobacco sees import growth in 2013
Locally produced tobacco products reduce
Omega Group Tobacco Ltd (OGT) aims to regain lost volume share
Traditional types of grocery retailers are the main channels for cigarette sales
Smoking prevalence set to decline in Georgia
- Summary 4 Legislation Summary at a Glance
The Law on Tobacco Control in Georgia
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Summary 5 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 17 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 18 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2008-2013
- Table 19 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 20 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 6 Research Sources