- The use of smoking tobacco was prevalent in Georgia during the years that tobacco still grown in Georgia, meaning that the use of smoking tobacco has a deeper tradition in Georgia than the smoking of cigars and cigarillos. However, nowadays, the use of smoking tobacco is minimal and the category has very little influence on overall sales of tobacco in Georgia due to very low volume and value sales. The majority of Georgians recognise that using smoking tobacco is quite inconvenient and problematic in comparison with the smoking of cigarettes as one must either roll one’s cigarettes or stuff one’s pipe. The other major problem preventing smoking tobacco from becoming more popular in Georgia is its relatively high unit price in comparison with the cost of cigarettes.
- Mac Baren Tobacco Co A/S led smoking tobacco in Georgia in 2012 with a 27% value share, while British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd was in second position with 17%, just ahead of Johann Wilhelm Von Eicken GmbH with a 13% value share. The two main brands of the category’s leading player, Mac Baren, have been available in Georgia for many years. These are Mac Baren and Original Choice and each of these brands is already very well-known among Georgian consumers. For this reason, sales of these brands are relatively stable and reasonably high. British American Tobacco, meanwhile, focuses mainly on cigarettes in Georgia, although it offers some smoking tobacco brands such as Samson and Captain Black. With regards to Johann Wilhelm Von Eicken’s Harvest brand, the brand has been popular since its introduction in 2011. A reasonably wide range of products is offered under the brand at reasonable prices, meaning that the brand managed to account for 13% of total smoking tobacco retail volume sales in just one year.
- In line with the existing trend of establishing a viable consumer audience for smoking tobacco and expanding the range of products available so as to provide a wider choice, one major new trend is expected to emerge in smoking tobacco over the forecast period: a shift away from cigarettes towards smoking tobacco. As the prices charged for cigarettes in Georgia are expected to increase over the forecast period, according to recent government announcements, many consumers are expected to switch to smoking tobacco as it represents a more natural alternative to cigarettes and is also believed to be less harmful to human health. This healthier positioning is also expected to have a very positive impact on sales of smoking tobacco over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Georgia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Georgia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Georgia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Georgia?
- What are the major brands in Georgia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Georgia - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Smoking Tobacco in Georgia - Company Profiles
British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd in Tobacco (Georgia)
- Summary 1 British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Tobacco in Georgia - Industry Context
Growth of sales in 2012 on the background of general reduction in the review period
Reduced share of local cigarette brands
Japan Tobacco Inc remains highly successful in Georgia
Independent small grocers and tobacco specialists lead retail tobacco sales
Declines expected in cigarette consumption during the forecast period
- Summary 4 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Summary 5 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Summary 6 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 15 Trade Statistics: Tobacco Leaf 2007-2012
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 16 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 7 Research Sources