- The tradition of smoking tobacco in Georgia is very low compared to ready-to-use tobacco products. Compared to Western countries, where RYO tobacco is considered a cheaper and “healthier” alternative to cigarettes, the price of one rolled cigarette in Georgia is more than double that for a regular, packaged one. Also, rolling your own tobacco is not considered trendy. Pipe tobacco has a wider audience, including non-smoking consumers. Pipe tobacco is mainly consumed through hookah (shisha) on special occasions. High prices and low physical availability of smoking tobacco hamper category growth, as the product is not readily available in regular stores.
- During 2014 smoking tobacco was led by British American Tobacco holding a 36% share of total retail volume sales. The company has operated in Georgia over many years and is present with the Samson and Captain Black brands. British American Tobacco is stronger in RYO tobacco in which it held a higher 46% volume share. Mac Baren Tobacco with a 28% volume share was the second leading player. The company offers two brands - Mac Baren and Original Choice - both of which benefit from good recognition among Georgian consumers. Due to its affordable prices Johann Wilhelm Von Eicken ranked in third position with a 13% volume share. The company offers RYO tobacco in three flavours - peach, vanilla and cherry - within the low price segment.
- Smoking tobacco will continue to attract only a small consumer base. Due to the high price and low product awareness, no significant growth for the forecast period is expected. However, competition is anticipated to strengthen, forcing companies to reduce their prices.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Georgia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Georgia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Georgia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Georgia?
- What are the major brands in Georgia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Georgia - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Smoking Tobacco in Georgia - Company Profiles
British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd in Tobacco (Georgia)
- Summary 1 British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 British American Tobacco Georgia Ltd: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Georgia - Industry Context
Low demand for cigarette alternatives
Tobacco prices are rising
Domestic manufacturers continue losing shares
Traditional grocery retailers is the main channel for tobacco products
The number of smokers is expected to decline
- Summary 4 Legislation Summary at a Glance
The Law on Tobacco Control in Georgia
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Summary 5 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Summary 6 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 17 Trade Statistics: Tobacco Leaf 2009-2014
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 18 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 7 Research Sources