- The traditional Iranian water pipe known as the ghalioun has long enjoyed a high level of popularity in the country, dating back centuries to the time of the Safavid dynasty and the Ghajar Empire. Initially, plain tobacco leaves were used in the ghalioun. Traditionally, people soaked the leaves in various oils and essences in order to prepare them for smoking. Various flavoured types of special water pipe tobacco, such as mint, orange and peach, which recently became available, were more popular than plain types.
- Milad Distribution Co, the national brand owner of Al Nakhla, remained the leader in smoking tobacco with a 40% volume share in 2014. Al Nakhla is a very well-known brand recognised for its quality in moassal tobacco. The product, which is imported from Egypt, was distributed across the country and was present in both traditional cafés and homes. It was offered in a wide range of variants, in different flavours (orange, peach, two apple and mint) and this diversity had a very positive impact on its sales in Iran.
- Despite the concerted efforts of the Ministry of Health and Medical Education (MOHME) to limit and ban water pipes in Iran, growth in sales of smoking tobacco is expected over the forecast period. However, the 8% volume CAGR predicted for the forecast period will be much lower than the review CAGR of 21%. This is mainly because the category is reaching maturity and the widespread campaigns communicating the negative effect of pipe tobacco on health will also hamper growth.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Iran with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Iran, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Iran market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Iran?
- What are the major brands in Iran?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Iran - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 7 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Smoking Tobacco in Iran - Company Profiles
Iranian Tobacco Co in Tobacco (Iran)
- Summary 1 Iranian Tobacco Co: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Iranian Tobacco Co: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Iran - Industry Context
Unit price increases and growth in the number of smokers fuels growth in 2014
Effective distribution and relevant pricing are the key pillars of success for tobacco suppliers in 2014
In spite of the monopoly in cigarettes multinational suppliers play a more important role
Demographic changes in smoking prevalence are observed
Future outlook of cigarettes is very dependent on the performance of illicit trade and the possible entry of Philp Morris
- Summary 3 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 12 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 13 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 15 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 16 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 17 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 18 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 4 Research Sources