- The traditional Iranian water pipe known as the ghalioun has for a long time enjoyed high levels of popularity throughout the country. The use of the ghalioun dates back centuries to the time of the Safavid dynasty and the Ghajar Empire. Initially, plain tobacco leaves were used in the ghalioun. Traditionally, people soaked the leaves in various oils and essences in order to prepare them for smoking. Different flavoured types of special water pipe tobacco, which have more recently become available, are now more popular than plain types.
- As the national brand owner of the very popular Al Nakhla brand, Milad Distribution Co remained the leading player in smoking tobacco in 2013, accounting for 39% of total retail volume sales. Al Nakhla is a very well-known brand and is renowned for its high quality. The brand is imported from Egypt and distributed throughout the country and is widely smoked in both traditional water pipe cafés and private homes. Al Nakhla offers a wide range of products in different flavours and this diversity has had a very positive impact on its sales in Iran.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to increase in volume at a CAGR of 7% over the forecast period, a rate of growth which is set to be considerably slower than the 15% volume CAGR recorded in the category over the review period. The main reason for this slower projected performance during the forecast period is the fact that this category is gradually maturing and the impressive double-digit growth rates which were normal in the category during the review period are no longer attainable. However, many younger Iranians are expected to regard smoking ghalioun as a fashionable pastime, particularly at parties, and this is set to lead to increasing demand for smoking tobacco, which in turn is expected to drive sales during the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Iran with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Iran, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Iran market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Iran?
- What are the major brands in Iran?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Iran - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Smoking Tobacco in Iran - Company Profiles
Iranian Tobacco Co in Tobacco (Iran)
- Summary 1 Iranian Tobacco Co: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Iranian Tobacco Co: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Iran - Industry Context
Cigarettes maintains growth potential due to low unit prices and the rising number of smokers
Low pricing strategy and effective distribution remain key pillars of success for tobacco companies
British American Tobacco has the potential to strengthen its position during 2013
Demographic changes influence smoking prevalence
Future outlook for cigarettes highly dependent on the performance of the illicit trade and the possible entry of Philip Morris International into Iran
- Summary 3 Legislation Summary at a Glance
- Table 12 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 13 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 15 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 16 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 17 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 18 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 4 Research Sources