- Traditionally pipe tobacco is smoked by men aged 40 and above and it is commonly associated with a romantic lifestyle. The factors of quality and prestige are also very important in pipe tobacco, which defines the presence of a large range of limited editions, classic tobacco blends and dominance of 100% tobacco products. Meanwhile, traditions of RYO tobacco are still forming and this format is mainly a preferred choice amongst the younger population.
- Planta Tabak-Manufaktur Dr Manfred Obermann GmbH & Co is the leading player in smoking tobacco with 16% volume share in 2014. The company benefits from the strong presence of its Excellent brand, which is one of the most widely available brands in the tobacco specialists. The company also has a stronger negotiation power and better distribution compared to its rivals in smoking tobacco.
- Over the forecast period RYO tobacco is set to strengthen its position in smoking tobacco. As a result the younger population will be even more significant in upcoming years. The significance of RYO tobacco will also make the whole category more dependent on the performance of illicit cigarettes, as smoking tobacco is set to be regarded as a cheaper alternative to cigarettes even more in upcoming years.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Latvia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Latvia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Latvia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Latvia?
- What are the major brands in Latvia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Latvia - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Smoking Tobacco in Latvia - Company Profiles
Baltic Sales Network Sia in Tobacco (Latvia)
- Summary 2 Baltic Sales Network SIA: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Baltic Sales Network SIA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Baltic Sales Network SIA: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Latvia - Industry Context
Illicit cigarettes define performance of all tobacco products in Latvia
The new EU directive is the major event in 2014
Competition becomes more noticeable in 2014
Tobacco specialists lose their positions
The forecast performance will remain dependant on illicit cigarettes trade
- Summary 5 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 19 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 6 Research Sources