- Pipe tobacco has traditionally been popular amongst men aged over 40 who perceive pipe smoking as a hobby or an element of a certain lifestyle. Commonly, pipe smoking has romantic associations with famous books and film characters. Pipe tobacco is considered to be more classical and natural, as nearly all major pipe tobacco brands are 100% tobacco. As a result, pipe tobacco tends not to compete with cigarettes, as it is perceived by most Latvians as being of much higher quality. The respective split of men/women consuming pipe tobacco is approximately 70%/30%.
- In 2013, Planta Tabak-Manufaktur Dr Manfred Obermann GmbH & Co continued to lead sales in smoking tobacco with 19% volume share. The company benefits from the performance of Excellent, which is one of the longest running brands in Latvia. Moreover, it has one of the broadest distribution networks. High interest in flavoured RYO smoking tobacco products also benefits this brand, as it has a wide flavoured product assortment. The company also has a strong presence in pipe tobacco due to performance of Holger Danske and Planta No.1 brands, which offer good quality and price ratio.
- RYO tobacco is expected to remain as a driving force for smoking tobacco growth. The increasing popularity of RYO tobacco among younger population groups is expected to continue to build the consumer base. Increasing taxes on cigarettes are expected to make smoking tobacco more competitive over the forecast period. Growing purchasing power is expected to allow consumers to buy better quality products, which in turn will support new product development from producers.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Latvia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Latvia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Latvia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Latvia?
- What are the major brands in Latvia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Latvia - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Tobacco in Latvia - Industry Context
Illicit trade affects all tobacco products
Legislative environment reveals signs of further stricter environment
Competition remains strong in Latvia
New developments respond to need for better value-for-money
Stable performance is expected over the forecast period
- Summary 2 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 19 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2008-2013
- Table 20 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 21 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 3 Research Sources