- In Lithuania RYO and pipe tobacco were never particularly popular products, as smokers tended to prefer the convenience of cigarettes. A preference for smoking tobacco even failed to develop during 2009, when sharp increases in cigarettes taxes and the economic downturn could have potentially led to a rise in popularity of RYO tobacco and its better value for money. Instead, Lithuania experienced a sharp increase in illicit cigarettes trade. Pipe tobacco has historically been more associated with sophisticated tobacco products, which are commonly preferred by older and dedicated pipe tobacco smokers.
- Until the introduction of the Winston brand, which is distributed by Mineraliniai Vandenys, only products offered by Skonis Ir Kvapas represented smoking tobacco. Despite significant share gained by the Winston brand, Skonis ir Kvapas remained the dominant distributor of smoking tobacco and is expected to maintain its leadership over the forecast period.
- RYO tobacco outperformed pipe tobacco in volume terms in 2012 and is expected to strengthen its position over the forecast period. Pipe tobacco is expected to lose it popularity, as a wider product range is becoming available in RYO tobacco. Moreover the fast pace of life in Lithuania is also leaving less time for pipe smoking. The performance of smoking tobacco will largely depend on levels of illicit cigarettes trade in Lithuania. In case of a sharper decline in illicit trade, strong growth could be expected in smoking tobacco and in RYO tobacco in particular. Increasing tax on cigarettes is also expected to benefit the performance of RYO tobacco, as it will rise on a yearly basis, while smoking tobacco is expected to witness a rise in taxes only twice, in 2013 and 2015. Nevertheless, illicit trade is expected to remain high and smoking tobacco still needs to gain wider popularity to achieve sustainable growth.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Lithuania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Lithuania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Lithuania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Lithuania?
- What are the major brands in Lithuania?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Lithuania - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco - New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Smoking Tobacco in Lithuania - Company Profiles
JTI Marketing & Sales UAB in Tobacco (Lithuania)
- Summary 2 JTI Marketing and Sales UAB: Key Facts
- Summary 3 JTI Marketing and Sales UAB: Competitive Position 2012
Tobacco in Lithuania - Industry Context
Illicit trade continues to negatively impact tobacco in Lithuania
Points-of-sale changes in major retail networks impact all tobacco products
Innovation shifts towards lower price segments
Few changes among major industry players
RYO tobacco still expecting better times
- Summary 4 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 15 Taxation and Duty Levies for Cigarettes 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Summary 5 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 16 Trade Statistics – Tobacco Leaf 2007-2012
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 17 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 6 Research Sources