- Despite tightening regulatory grip on cigarettes, smoking tobacco did not emerge as a winner, as some expected. Similarly as with cigars and cigarillos, the category suffers from the fact that their hands were tied before they could make their products popular amongst Lithuanians. Whereas cigarette producers have to persuade consumers to continue with their habits, smoking tobacco sellers are tasked with essentially creating the category from scratch. To make matters worse, those who consume smoking tobacco are very price-sensitive, which occurred once again in 2013. Of the two types, only pipe tobacco has traditionally been consumed in Lithuania, but this is a habit of older people whose numbers are in decline and not being replaced with new ones.
- Skonis ir Kvapas, the country's undisputed leader amongst tobacco specialists, was clearly in control of selling smoking tobacco, as both older pipe-smoking elders and hip urban RYO smokers frequent Skonis ir Kvapas stores once they run out of stock.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to rebound swiftly from the temporary slump of 2013, as there is no underlying cause for the prolonged weakness. Further excise increases are already public, with price jumps predicted at the start of 2015 and 2018, but these are expected to lead to uneven purchasing quantities and not deter smokers from their habits.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Lithuania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Lithuania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Lithuania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Lithuania?
- What are the major brands in Lithuania?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Lithuania - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Smoking Tobacco in Lithuania - Company Profiles
JTI Marketing & Sales UAB in Tobacco (Lithuania)
- Summary 1 JTI Marketing & Sales UAB: Key Facts
- Summary 2 JTI Marketing &Sales UAB: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Lithuania - Industry Context
Tobacco volatile overreview period with economic and legislative factors adding to the turmoil
Cigarette sales show robust growth whilst other tobacco products are in retreat temporarily
Portfolio opmitimisation under way
Modern retailers sell the bulk of all products
Levels of uncertainty at extremely high levels, even by tobacco industry standards
- Summary 3 Legislation Summary at a Glance
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 19 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 20 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 4 Research Sources