- During Soviet times, smoking tobacco was scarce as Russians smoked mainly papirosy or cigarettes. Smoking tobacco gained wider acceptance in the 1990s, being imported from Europe. Pipe tobacco is more popular than RYO tobacco. Both product types are expensive for most Russians and are regarded as premium products. Unlike premium cigarettes, smoking tobacco is regarded as a premium or gourmet product. It is affordable by more affluent consumers living in large cities. Unlike many European countries, RYO tobacco is not considered a cheap alternative to cigarettes.
- Al Fakher Tobacco Trading LLC is the leader in smoking tobacco with 45% volume share in 2013. The company offers Al Fakher smoking tobacco with wide variety of flavours for water pipes. This brand is one of the largest players in terms of water pipe tobacco.
- Over the forecast period, smoking tobacco is expected to register a volume CAGR of 3% and a value CAGR of 5% at constant 2014 prices. A smoking tobacco culture is only developing in Russia, and over the forecast period it therefore cannot expect to compete with cigarettes as it does in Germany and the UK.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Russia?
- What are the major brands in Russia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Russia - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Tobacco in Russia - Industry Context
Cigarettes continues to shrink
New restrictions on tobacco sales and advertising
New product development
No cheaper alternatives to cigarettes
Prospects for development of cigarettes
- Summary 1 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 19 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 20 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 2 Research Sources