- During Soviet times and earlier, homemade smoking tobacco was very popular in rural areas. Villagers cultivated a type of tobacco named makhorka or Nicotianarustica in Latin language in their gardens. They processed it themselves and then used it or sold it in market squares. Nicotianarustica leaves have nicotine content as high as 9%, whereas Nicotianatabacum (common tobacco) leaves contain about 1 to 3%. Now, makhorka is used by elderly villagers or low-income smokers.
- The retail volume shares of the leading smoking tobacco brands did not change significantly in 2014. Al Fakher Tobacco Trading LLC continued to be the leader of pipe tobacco with 51% volume share in 2014. The company offers Al Fakher smoking tobacco with a wide range of flavours for water pipes.
- Over the forecast period, smoking tobacco is expected to register a volume CAGR of -2% and a value CAGR of 1% at constant 2014 prices. Negative volume performance over the forecast period is related not only with undeveloped smoking tobacco culture in Russia. The main threats to growth are constant tax increases and as consequence following price raises, adoption of anti-smoking law, lack of advertising and promotion. In January 2015, tax growth was 20%, reaching RUB1800 per one kilogram. In 2016, tax will be raised by 11% to reach RUB2000 per one kilogram. In 2017, it will be raised by 11% to reach RUB2200 per one kilogram.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Russia?
- What are the major brands in Russia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Russia - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Tobacco in Russia - Industry Context
Tobacco records significant volume sales decline in 2014
New restrictions of anti-smoking law come into force in 2014
Competitive landscape does not witness any major changes in 2014
Independent small grocers leads sales of cigarettes, while tobacco specialists leads distribution of cigars and smoking tobacco
Outlook is not positive due to anti-smoking legislations and strong tax increases
- Summary 2 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 19 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 3 Research Sources