- The consumer base for RYO tobacco has become the smallest in Saudi Arabia. In 2013, RYO tobacco continued to decline, with volume sales falling by 4% and value sales by 6% in current terms.
- In 2013, Al Nakhla Tobacco continued to lead smoking tobacco, seeing its volume share increase by one percentage point to 65%. The company continued to invest in offering consumers a variety of flavours, which is key to winning customers in this category. In 2011, the company launched various new flavours, particularly under its Mizo range, including raspberry, blueberry and lychee. The company’s brands Fakhfakhina, El Basha and Nakhla are widely available across the country, especially in tobacco specialists, and enjoy strong brand loyalty. In addition, the introduction of Nakhla's new Mix Ice flavours in 2012 also helped the company to gain share.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to post both a volume and value CAGR of 7% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period, up from CAGRs of 6% over the review period. This indicates that the smoking tobacco trend will continue to be on the rise, primarily because of water pipe tobacco. Saudi Arabia has one of the largest young populations, with these young consumers being very fond of shisha and constantly experimenting with new flavours. This trend is expected to continue over the forecast period and will encourage tobacco companies to step up their efforts to introduce further innovative flavours. Young consumers regard shisha as part of their culture and shisha is therefore a popular aspect of social gatherings. Water pipe smoking is also perceived, by some, to be less harmful than smoking cigarettes, which will further stimulate growth of the category.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Saudi Arabia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
THE ROLE AND EFFECT OF CANNABIS/MARIJUANA
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Tobacco in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
Pipe tobacco drives industry growth despite obstacles
Retail groups lead sales after supermarkets adopt a no tobacco policy
Saudi tobacco legislation ineffective
Multinationals continue to lead cigarettes and cigars
Strong growth expected over the forecast period
- Summary 1 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Legislation: Saudi law and Gulf Cooperation Council directives
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 12 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 13 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low Ignition Propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
Tobacco products in Saudi Arabia do not carry a banderole or any other kind of duty-paid mark.
- Table 15 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 16 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 17 Trade Statistics – Cigarettes 2009-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 18 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 2 Research Sources