- The consumer base for RYO tobacco is small in Saudi Arabia. In 2012, RYO tobacco continued to decline with volume and value sales down by 5%.
- In 2012, Nakhla Tobacco Co continued to lead smoking tobacco with a 64% volume share. The company continued to invest in offering customers a variety of flavours, which is key to winning customers in this category. In 2012, the company launched various new flavours, especially in its Mizo range, including raspberry, blueberry and lychee. The company’s brands Fakhfakhina, El Basha and Nakhla are widely available across the country, especially in tobacco specialists, and enjoy strong brand loyalty.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to grow at a volume and value CAGR of 7% over the forecast period. The smoking tobacco trend will remain popular especially among young people, and sales will continue to be on the rise, primarily because of pipe tobacco. Saudi Arabia has one of the largest young populations who are very fond of shisha and are constantly experimenting with new flavours. This trend is expected to continue over the forecast period, which will encourage tobacco companies to step up their efforts to introduce innovative flavours. The young population regard shisha as part of their socio-economic status and shisha is therefore a popular aspect of social gatherings. Shisha smoking is also perceived, by some, to be less harmful than smoking cigarettes, which will further stimulate growth of the category.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Saudi Arabia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Saudi Arabia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Saudi Arabia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the major brands in Saudi Arabia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Saudi Arabia - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Smoking Tobacco in Saudi Arabia - Company Profiles
Nakhla Tobacco Co in Tobacco (Saudi Arabia)
- Summary 1 Nakhla Tobacco Co: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Nakhla Tobacco Co: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Nakhla Tobacco Co: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 4 Nakhla Tobacco Co: Competitive Position 2012
Tobacco in Saudi Arabia - Industry Context
Strong volume and value growth despite public smoking ban
Saudi government enacts mandatory graphic warnings
Multinationals lead tobacco sales
Supermarkets remain dominant in 2012
Strong growth expected over the forecast period
- Summary 5 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 12 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 13 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 14 Average cigarette pack price breakdown: Brand examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 15 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 6 Research Sources