- Between 2011 and 2013 smoking tobacco became very popular and registered rapid growth. The reason was the fact that the high prices of cigarettes encouraged already cash-strapped Spanish smokers, especially the youngest smokers, to substitute cigarettes with cheaper RYO tobacco and pipe tobacco, strongly reducing their monthly expenditure on smoking.
- Altadis is the leader in smoking tobacco in 2013 with a share of 31%, JT International Iberia was second with 13%, then BAT third with 11%. Altadis owes its leading position to the popularity of the Ducados brand which is the most popular RYO tobacco brands in Spain.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to continue evolving at a positive pace, boosted by RYO tobacco, which is expected to see a CAGR of 4% in volume terms and a value CAGR of 6% at constant 2013 prices. The prices of RYO tobacco are expected to continue growing under the effects of increasing taxation and tobacco prices. By contrast, pipe tobacco is expected to see a negative CAGR of 13% in volume terms and a negative value CAGR of 5% at constant 2013 prices.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Spain with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Spain, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Spain market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Spain?
- What are the major brands in Spain?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Spain - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Smoking Tobacco in Spain - Company Profiles
Philip Morris Spain SA in Tobacco (Spain)
- Summary 2 Philip Morris Spain SA: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Philip Morris Spain SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Philip Morris Spain SA: Competitive Position 2013
Pöschl Tabak Gmbh & Co KG in Tobacco (Spain)
- Summary 5 Pöschl Tabak Gmbh & Co KG: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Pöschl Tabak Gmbh & Co KG: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Pöschl Tabak Gmbh & Co KG: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 8 Pöschl Tabak Gmbh & Co KG: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Spain - Industry Context
Spain is no longer the European Mecca for cigarettes
RYO tobacco and cigars continue to grow
Electronic cigarettes attract Spaniards
Estancos protest against more comprehensive legislation
Spain returns to growth
- Summary 9 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Country-specific legislation: EU directives
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 19 Trade Statistics – Tobacco Leaf 2008-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 20 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 10 Research Sources