- In Thailand, over 99% of smoking tobacco in terms of volume sales was accounted for by RYO tobacco. Thanks to a huge mass of target smokers, RYO smoking tobacco enjoyed positive performance, being the preferable alternative for Thai smokers. Most of the RYO smoking tobacco available was local products. Nonetheless, imported RYO tobacco was present in the market, even though it was much less significant. The target group for imported RYO tobacco remained a niche amongst younger smokers who have higher incomes and like flavoured tobacco.
- As the core market contribution was derived from RYO tobacco, all the leading players happened to be manufacturers in this area. There were two leading players for RYO tobacco, namely Piangjai Industries (1989) Co Ltd and Surapayanak Co Ltd, registering retail volume share of 30% and 24% respectively. However, smoking tobacco could be considered as a fragmented sector, by having almost half of volume sales divided amongst small players in 2012. Whilst small traditional grocery retailers were key distributors for smoking tobacco, it turned out that there were no exclusive distribution rights for any products in 2012.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to continue to rely on RYO tobacco thanks to the overwhelming demand for RYO tobacco over pipe tobacco over the forecast period. The sector is likely to be controlled by local brands and local manufacturers. The market is unlikely to be so attractive to many imported smoking tobacco brands due to the niche and decelerating demand amongst smokers. Even though smokers might not have strong brand loyalty, both branded and unbranded local products will enjoy strong market performance thanks to affordable price offerings, whereas the imported products might be slightly fading out of the market.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Thailand?
- What are the major brands in Thailand?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Thailand - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Smoking Tobacco in Thailand - Company Profiles
Pacific Cigars (Thailand) Co Ltd, The in Tobacco (Thailand)
- Summary 1 The Pacific Cigars (Thailand) Co Ltd: Key Facts
Tobacco in Thailand - Industry Context
Tax hikes gave a direct impact to tobacco
Smoking consumption showed a growing trend
Domestic brands maintained strong foothold in marketplace
Several factors continue to create a tough market environment
Forecast sales performance will see slight improvement
- Summary 2 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 15 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 16 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 17 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 3 Research Sources