- Pipe smoking is ingrained in Turkish tradition and culture. The majority of pipe smokers do so in so-called “water pipe cafés” to socialise with their friends and acquaintances. Smoking at home is not prevalent, which also explains the lower sales through the retail channel than the on-trade channel.
- All of the players in smoking tobacco are local. Currently there are no companies which import smoking tobacco products, as they do not meet the production requirements for the eligibility to import.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to register a negative volume CAGR of 3% over the forecast period. This fall is expected to be driven by a decline in both RYO tobacco and pipe tobacco.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Turkey with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Turkey, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Turkey market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Turkey?
- What are the major brands in Turkey?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Turkey - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Smoking Tobacco in Turkey - Company Profiles
Teka Puro Uretim Ve Ticaret AS in Tobacco (Turkey)
- Summary 2 Teka Puro Uretim ve Ticaret AS: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Teka Puro Uretim ve Ticaret AS: Production Statistics 2014
- Summary 4 Teka Puro Uretim ve Ticaret AS: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Turkey - Industry Context
Volume sales grow in 2014
Rising pack prices result in the growth of illicit trade
JTI Tutun Urunleri San AS shows strongest growth due to successful pricing strategy
Independent small grocers remains the leading distribution channel in 2014
Cigarettes and smoking tobacco are expected to register a volume decline whilst cigars is expected to grow
- Summary 5 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 19 Trade Statistics – Tobacco Leaf 2009-2014
- Table 20 Trade Statistics – Cigarette Sticks 2009-2014
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 21 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 6 Research Sources