- Pipe smoking is ingrained in Turkish tradition and culture. The majority of pipe smokers do so in so-called “water pipe cafés” to socialise with their friends and acquaintances. Smoking at home is not prevalent, which also explains lower sales through the retail channel than the on-trade channel. By contrast, traditional pipe tobacco is consumed mainly by high-end consumers in the off-trade channel. Its production and sale is quite limited.
- All of the players in smoking tobacco are local. Currently there are no companies which import smoking tobacco products, as they do not meet the production requirements for the eligibility to import.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to register a volume CAGR of 15% over the forecast period. This increase will be driven both by growth in both RYO tobacco and pipe tobacco. Retail sales of pipe tobacco are expected to increase in light of the new legislation which is expected to be passed in January 2013, limiting on-trade sales of pipe tobacco.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Turkey with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Turkey, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Turkey market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Turkey?
- What are the major brands in Turkey?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Turkey - Category Analysis
THE ROLE AND EFFECT OF CANNABIS/MARIJUANA
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Smoking Tobacco - New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Smoking Tobacco in Turkey - Company Profiles
Teka Puro Uretim Ve Ticaret AS in Tobacco (Turkey)
- Summary 2 Teka Puro Uretim ve Ticaret AS: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Teka Puro AS: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 4 Teka Puro AS: Competitive Position 2012
Tobacco in Turkey - Industry Context
Volume sales increase in 2012
Decline in illicit trade leads to an increase in retail sales of cigarettes
Philip Morris Sabanci Pazarlama ve Satis AS continues to lead in 2012
Independent small grocers remains the leading distribution channel
Cigarettes is forecast to record a volume decline whilst cigars is to see an increase
- Summary 5 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 14 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 15 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 16 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 17 Trade Statistics – Tobacco Leaf 2007-2012
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 18 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 6 Research Sources