- Pipe smoking is ingrained in Turkish tradition and culture. The majority of pipe smokers do so in so-called “water pipe cafés” to socialise with their friends and acquaintances. Smoking at home is not prevalent, which also explains the lower sales through the retail channel than the on-trade channel.
- All of the players in smoking tobacco are local. Currently, there are no companies which import smoking tobacco, as they do not meet the production requirements for the eligibility to import. All the international brands available in Turkey are illegally imported.
- Smoking tobacco is expected to register a volume CAGR of 4% over the forecast period. This growth is expected to be driven by growth in both RYO tobacco and pipe tobacco.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Smoking Tobacco Market Research Report
Sample Smoking Tobacco Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Turkey with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Turkey, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Turkey market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Turkey?
- What are the major brands in Turkey?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Toys and Games market research database.
Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Turkey - Category Analysis
The role and effect of cannabis/marijuana
New Product Developments
- Table 1 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of RYO Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Pipe Tobacco: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Smoking Tobacco by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Smoking Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Smoking Tobacco in Turkey - Company Profiles
Teka Puro Uretim Ve Ticaret AS in Tobacco (Turkey)
- Summary 1 Teka Puro Uretim ve Ticaret AS: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Teka Puro Uretim ve Ticaret AS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Teka Puro Uretim ve Ticaret AS: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 4 Teka Puro Uretim ve Ticaret AS: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Turkey - Industry Context
Volume sales register a decline in 2013
Growth in illicit trade stems from excise tax increases, which negatively affect the growth of cigarettes
Philip Morris Sabanci Pazarlama ve Satis continues to lead cigarettes in 2013
Independent small grocers remains the leading distribution channel in 2013
Cigarettes is expected to register a volume decline, whilst cigars is set to see an increase
- Summary 5 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 14 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2008-2013
- Table 15 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2008-2013
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 19 Trade Statistics – Tobacco Leaf 2008-2013
- Table 20 Trade Statistics – Cigarette Sticks 2008-2013
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 21 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 6 Research Sources