- Soup saw the third consecutive year of decline in current value terms in 2015 due to a number of factors. In 2014, Chileans overwhelmingly preferred dehydrated soup during the cold and rainy winter months. However, increasingly moderate winters have stemmed the dynamic growth of soup. Additionally, a significant portion of the population is looking for a convenient and economical option for a meal on the go. In view of this, the choice for these consumers in 2015 was no longer instant soup but rather instant noodles. The strong growth seen in instant noodles was directly responsible for the 12% current value decline seen in instant soup in 2015. In 2015, consumers looked for indulgent, convenient and healthy products, with soup no longer meeting with the needs of many consumers.
- Nestlé Chile SA continued to dominate soup in 2015, as it did for the whole review period, accounting for a value share of 72%. This was mainly due to its long-standing presence, with the company offering tasty flavours which suit the palates of Chileans, as well its brands being highly visible on retailers’ shelves. Despite this, Nestlé’s value share declined by two percentage points between 2013 and 2015.
- Due to the abundance of other convenience products available within packaged food, there is likely to be a further decline in soup consumption, with soup set to decline at a CAGR of 2% in retail volume terms over the forecast period. Moreover, the strong perception that packaged soup is unhealthy is unlikely to change over the forecast period, with many Chileans expected to continue avoiding soup. However, the increasing awareness and need for convenience, as well as the influence of consumers who are permanently looking for new tastes and flavours will contribute to the development of high-quality, original products that meet with these consumer requirements. This will likely exclude health and wellness soup due the lack of interest from consumers, as it lacks a pleasant taste and creamy texture.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Soup Market Research Report
Sample Soup Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Soup industry in Chile with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Soup industry in Chile, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Soup in Chile market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Soup in Chile?
- What are the major brands in Chile?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- Are consumers moving from traditionally canned and dehydrated variants to more innovative chilled, frozen and UHT formats?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Soup in Chile - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Soup by by Leading Flavours: Rankings 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Soup: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Soup: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Soup by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Soup in Chile - Company Profiles
Empresas Carozzi SA in Packaged Food (Chile)
- Summary 1 Empresas Carozzi SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Empresas Carozzi SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Empresas Carozzi SA: Competitive Position 2015
Nestlé Chile SA in Packaged Food (Chile)
- Summary 4 Nestlé Chile SA: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Nestlé Chile SA: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Chile - Industry Context
Packaged food sees slower retail value growth in 2015
Packaged food’s labelling law is set to be implemented in 2017
Watt’s SA is a key player in packaged food in 2015
Internet retailing is the fastest-growing distribution channel
Packaged food is expected to grow at a slightly slower rate over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Economic deceleration slows value growth
Growing consumer awareness stimulates health and wellness innovation
Millennials’ higher disposable income boosts internet sales
Convenience packaged food is set to maintain consumer interest
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 6 Research Sources