- In 2015, demand for soup products remained confined to high income individuals and expatriates residing in large urban areas in Morocco. The products commercialised in Morocco are mainly imported. Packaged soup in Morocco is still perceived as being unhealthy and not tasty by many Moroccan households. This encourages a large number of consumers, especially less well-off ones, to opt for home-made soup, which they make from scratch. Moreover, a large number of foodservice outlets offer high quality “home-made” soup for no more than MAD5 per bowl, thus undermining retail sales of packaged soup in 2015.
- Somafaco SA held the lead in the soup category in 2015, with a 27% value share. Its share in this category is anchored by its brand Ideal, which is highly recognised in soup. The company outperformed Nestlé Maroc SA in 2015 to take the lead in soup in Morocco. This was chiefly due to the fact that its sales were stimulated by a strong diversification strategy in dehydrated soup. The company offers a large number of innovative products, like asparagus soup, and also offers well-known local recipes like bean soup, bissara, and the traditional Moroccan soup harira. Nestlé Maroc was slightly outperformed by Somafaco SA but still held a 26% value share in soup in 2015. This was mainly due to the strong performance of its brand Maggi.
- The soup category in Morocco, although still in its development phase, is expected to stabilise, as demand will remain limited to high income consumers and expatriates. Over the review period, soup market in Morocco witnessed the launch of a large number of products and flavours from different key players, especially in dehydrated soup. However, over the forecast these new launches are expected to enter a more mature phase and therefore demand and growth will slow down and then remain steady. However, the fact that the majority of people from high income class and expatriates lead hectic lifestyles will drive sales in this product category over the forecast period.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Soup Market Research Report
Sample Soup Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Soup industry in Morocco with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Soup industry in Morocco, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Soup in Morocco market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Soup in Morocco?
- What are the major brands in Morocco?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- Are consumers moving from traditionally canned and dehydrated variants to more innovative chilled, frozen and UHT formats?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Soup in Morocco - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Soup by by Leading Flavours: Rankings 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Soup: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Soup: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Soup by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Soup in Morocco - Company Profiles
Jessy Diffusion SA in Packaged Food (Morocco)
- Summary 1 Jessy Diffusion SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Jessy Diffusion SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Jessy Diffusion SA: Competitive Position 2015
Unilever Maghreb SA in Packaged Food (Morocco)
- Summary 4 Unilever Maghreb SA: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Unilever Maghreb SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Unilever Maghreb SA: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Morocco - Industry Context
Packaged food sustains its positive growth in Morocco in 2015
Increasingly hectic lifestyles and more women in the workforce increase demand for convenient food
Domestic companies maintain strong growth in 2015
Independent small grocers remains the most important distribution channel in 2015
Strong growth expected in packaged food over the forecast period
Health and wellness products in Morocco
Traditional grocery retailers in Morocco remains the leading distribution channel in 2015
Consumer lifestyle in Morocco
Domestic key players still outperform international ones in 2015
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 7 Research Sources