- Soup remained a mature category in Switzerland in 2015. Convenience remained the main trend influencing the category in 2015 as busy Swiss consumers continued to value convenience over all other considerations, including price. With an increasing number of working people in Switzerland facing a lack of time and in light of the general acceleration of the pace of life in the country, preparing soup from scratch at home using fresh ingredients is increasingly regarded as a time-consuming activity. As a result, increasing numbers of Swiss consumers are choosing convenient packaged soup which combines the advantage of quick preparation with the nutrition and health benefits of soup. Additionally, the impact of the health and wellness trend remains evident in the category in terms of the strong growth witnessed in organic soup and reduced fat soup towards the end of the review period.
- Unilever Schweiz GmbH led sales in soup in 2014 and it is expected to maintain its leading position throughout 2015, defending its retail value share of 45% in the process. The strong leadership of the company in soup is derived from the prominence of its Knorr brand in Switzerland, which is the leading name in the two biggest categories of dehydrated soup and instant soup. Unilever’s success in soup can be attributed to its constant investment in research and development and the regular introduction of new products. In addition, the company remains active in terms of supporting the Knorr brand with strong advertising campaigns. The company also makes good use of social media such as Facebook and YouTube by regularly publishing new product information and recipes.
- Demand for convenience is expected to continue driving sales of soup in Switzerland over the forecast period. Nowadays, increasing numbers of Swiss people are working longer hours and becoming increasingly busy. For this reason, the majority of Swiss consumers are expected to opt for meal solutions which can save them time and offer high levels of convenience. Moreover, in order to respond to the needs of the growing number of single-person households and the increasing concern about health and wellness among Swiss consumers generally, packaging innovation focusing on single-serve offerings and product development focusing on health and wellness are also expected to be key trends in soup during forecast period.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Soup Market Research Report
Sample Soup Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Soup industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Soup industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Soup in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Soup in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- Are consumers moving from traditionally canned and dehydrated variants to more innovative chilled, frozen and UHT formats?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Soup in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Soup by by Leading Flavours: Rankings 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Soup: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Soup: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Soup by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Soup in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Nestlé Suisse SA in Packaged Food (Switzerland)
- Summary 1 Nestlé Suisse SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Nestlé Suisse SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Nestlé Suisse SA: Competitive Position 2015
Unilever Schweiz GmbH in Packaged Food (Switzerland)
- Summary 4 Unilever Schweiz AG: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Unilever Schweiz AG: Operational Indicators (Global)
- Summary 6 Unilever Schweiz AG: Competitive Position 2015
Unilever Schweiz GmbH in Packaged Food (Switzerland)
- Summary 7 Unilever Schweiz GmbH Food Solutions: Key Facts
Packaged Food in Switzerland - Industry Context
Packaged food sees slight growth in a challenging economic environment
Product origin remains a key selling point in Switzerland
Migros and Coop’s private label lines provide strong competition for branded manufacturers
Supermarkets remains the main distribution channel
Further challenges expected for the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The Swiss economy faces challenges created by its strong national currency
Internet retailing gains share within packaged food
Health and wellness continues to shape the performance of packaged food
Packaged food manufacturers focus on sustainability
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to foodservice
Trends: Consumer foodservice
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 8 Research Sources