- Czech locals continue to prefer fresh home-made soup and they purchase convenient packaged soup mostly during holiday periods and in case of really busy working days. Czech consumers continue to show a preference for healthier soup that is rich in natural ingredients, low in salt and free from glutamate and artificial enhancers. Another important trend is that Czech consumers seek thick soup containing chunky ingredients (eg liver balls, noodles and vegetables).
- In early 2014, Orkla Group, the Norwegian parent company of Vitana as, considered selling Vitana and sounded out local and international investors that might be interested in acquiring the Vitana brand. In May 2014, however, Orkla Group put this plan on hold, announcing its belief that demand for dehydrated soup in the Czech Republic would improve in the short to medium term, and that until such a time it would be unwilling to sell the Vitana brand below cost.
- Trends that were visible in soup in 2015 will continue to develop over the forecast period. These include a health and wellness trend and a convenience trend. Increasing health awareness among Czech consumers will boost volume consumption of soup that is low in salt, free from glutamate and artificial taste enhancers, and rich in natural ingredients. Traditional soup flavours will remain the most popular but it is likely that new exotic variants such as Thai and Mexican will be introduced to catch the interest of younger generations. The wellness trend will also be reflected in stronger demand for chilled soup. The convenience trend will bolster the introduction of more convenient packs and easy-to-prepare soup products such as the Vitana Grunt Polevka range – UHT soup that contains pasta pieces and is packaged in plastic jars.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Soup Market Research Report
Sample Soup Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Soup industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Soup industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Soup in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Soup in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- Are consumers moving from traditionally canned and dehydrated variants to more innovative chilled, frozen and UHT formats?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Soup in the Czech Republic - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Soup by by Leading Flavours: Rankings 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Soup: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Soup: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Soup by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Soup in the Czech Republic - Company Profiles
Kaufland Ceska Republika vos in Packaged Food (Czech Republic)
- Summary 1 Kaufland Ceska Republika vos: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Kaufland Ceska Republika vos: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Kaufland Ceska Republika vos: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 4 Kaufland Ceska Republika vos: Competitive Position 2014
Nestlé Cesko sro in Packaged Food (Czech Republic)
- Summary 5 Nestlé Cesko sro: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Nestlé Cesko sro: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Nestlé Cesko sro: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in the Czech Republic - Industry Context
Consumers remain restrained but show greater willingness to spend
Wellness trend evident but Czech consumers still love crisps and full-fat dairy
Orkla Group purchases Hamé from Nordic Partners
Hypermarkets remain most important, internet sales gain attention
Slow but stable prospects for packaged food
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Demand for more quality products, both branded and private label
Wellness products see green light but demand remains for crisps and full-fat dairy
Internet sales of packaged food on a rise
Protection of suppliers against unfair practices of some retail chains
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 8 Research Sources