- In 2015, soup registered current value growth of 4% and volume growth of 2% to reach sales of US$5 billion and 1.2 million tonnes, respectively, thus improving upon the 2% value CAGR and 1% volume CAGR decline of the review period. The success of soup in 2015 can largely be attributed to new launches in UHT soup and some isolated successes, such as chilled soup.
- Campbell Soup Co continued to lead soup in 2015 with a 44% value share. The company offers a wide range of products, including ready-to-serve, condensed, chilled and UHT options. The company also offers many distinct brand names, including Campbell’s Chunky, Campbell’s Select Harvest, Campbell’s Healthy Request and Soup at Hand, among others, which appeal to different consumer groups. Despite its strong position, however, Campbell has seen its share fall since 2011 due to both lower-priced private label products and smaller competitors offering healthier options and high quality soups. The company, however, may find a saving grace in its on-trend, yet not-too-trendy UHT Organic soups. Campbell generally outspends other soup players by a large margin. In 2015, the company announced it would shift an additional 20% of its advertising budget to digital media, taking a bite out of its television advertising budget. The move marks a clear attempt from the brand to remain relevant.
- Soup is expected to post both a volume and value CAGR of 1% at constant 2015 prices over the forecast period. Although UHT soup is expected to record strong growth over the forecast period, most categories are expected to register flat or negative performances to 2020. The overall forecast is more positive than the review period performance in volume terms, which saw a 1% CAGR decline. Growth is expected to derive from innovation, which will reach a wider consumer base than the traditional chicken noodle format.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Soup Market Research Report
Sample Soup Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Soup industry in USA with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Soup industry in USA, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Soup in USA market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Soup in USA?
- What are the major brands in USA?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- Are consumers moving from traditionally canned and dehydrated variants to more innovative chilled, frozen and UHT formats?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Soup in the US - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Soup by by Leading Flavours: Rankings 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Soup: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Soup: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Soup by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Soup in the US - Company Profiles
ConAgra Foods Inc in Packaged Food (USA)
- Summary 1 ConAgra Foods Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 ConAgra Foods Inc: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 ConAgra Foods Inc: Competitive Position 2015
General Mills Inc in Packaged Food (USA)
- Summary 4 General Mills Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 5 General Mills Inc: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 General Mills Inc: Competitive Position 2015
Kraft Heinz Co in Packaged Food (USA)
- Summary 7 Kraft Heinz Co: Key Facts
- Summary 8 Kraft Heinz Co: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in the US - Industry Context
The “snackification” of packaged food continues
“Clean label” commitments proliferate
“Big food” loses share to smaller brands
Convenience wins the day
The corporate landscape is set to change in the coming years
Key Trends and Developments
The “snackification” of packaged food continues in the US
Mounting distrust of “big food” amongst consumers
“Clean label” makes major inroads
Mergers and acquisitions pepper the landscape in 2015
Convenience-focused channels win
Foodservice: Key Trends and Developments
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 9 Research Sources