- Due to increasing education levels and urbanisation, health and wellness awareness among consumers has been increasing in Turkey. The only products available in the country were dehydrated soup and instant soup. Although practical and easy-to-make food is becoming increasingly popular, consumers used to regard soup products as unhealthy due to the belief that these products contain unhealthy additives, which led to negative value growth rates at the beginning of the review period.
- Unilever continued to lead soup with a retail value share of 62% in 2015. The company enjoys a high level of awareness for its Knorr brand. In addition, it invested heavily in new product developments and marketing activities, which also further consolidated its leading position within soup in 2015.
- The marketing activities of the leading companies and MUMSAD’s educational activities around the healthy aspects and naturalness of soup products are expected to have a positive impact on the forecast performance of soup. New innovative product launches which feature flavour sophistication and variation will also contribute to the anticipated performance. Finally, Turkey’s large young population and increasing number of working women is expected increase the preference for practical meal solutions, which will further benefit soup over the forecast period. Consequently, soup is set to register a value CAGR of 2% at constant 2015 prices over the forecast period, which is significantly higher than the negative constant value CAGR of 8% witnessed over the review period.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Soup Market Research Report
Sample Soup Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Soup industry in Turkey with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Soup industry in Turkey, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Soup in Turkey market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Soup in Turkey?
- What are the major brands in Turkey?
- Will retail sales suffer as economic prospects improve and consumers move back to eating out rather than eating at home?
- Are consumers moving from traditionally canned and dehydrated variants to more innovative chilled, frozen and UHT formats?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Soup in Turkey - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Soup by by Leading Flavours: Rankings 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Soup: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Soup: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Soup by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Soup by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Soup in Turkey - Company Profiles
BIM Birlesik Magazacilik AS in Packaged Food (Turkey)
- Summary 1 BIM Birlesik Magazacilik AS: Key Facts
- Summary 2 BIM Birlesik Magazacilik AS: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 BIM Birlesik Magazacilik AS: Competitive Position 2015
Unilever Türk San ve Tic AS in Packaged Food (Turkey)
- Summary 4 Unilever Türk San ve Tic AS: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Unilever Türk San ve Tic AS: Competitive Position 2015
Yildiz Holding AS in Packaged Food (Turkey)
- Summary 6 Yildiz Holding AS: Key Facts
- Summary 7 Yildiz Holding AS: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Turkey - Industry Context
Packaged food registers a better value performance in 2015 than over the review period
The depreciation of the Turkish lira against the US dollar and euro negatively affects the market
Artisanal retains the lead in 2015 albeit losing share to packaged products
Supermarkets and discounters gain value share
Packaged food has good prospects for growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Unit price increases lead to high value growth in 2015
The young population of the country, together with rapid urbanisation, stimulates market growth
Share of private label products increases
Consumer demand for health and wellness products grows
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 8 Research Sources