- The tax policy has caused a negative effect on the consumption of spirits: a decrease in consumption, and an increase in the average unit price. The volume sales drop was 3% in 2014.
- In rum, Brugal & Co was the leading company with a 72% volume share in 2014. Since rum accounted for 80% of total spirits volume sales in the year, Brugal was also the leading company in spirits with a 58% volume share. The player is also the most recognised Dominican producer in the world.
- In 2014, the category performed better than expectations and recovered. This was due to several reasons: the positive impact of growth in the economy, low inflation and the fact that in 2014 there was not a triple tax increase but a double increase, and to a lesser degree (only specific and ad valorem taxes).
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Spirits Market Research Report
Sample Spirits Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Spirits industry in Dominican Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Spirits industry in Dominican Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Spirits in Dominican Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Spirits in Dominican Republic?
- What are the major brands in Dominican Republic?
- Are consumers switching from international spirits to ‘cheaper’ local spirits as consumer spending is being squeezed?
- What is the most popular price point for blended Scotch; super-premium, premium, standard or economy and has the recession resulted in a switch?
- How do premium vs standard vs economy brands compete for sales?
- What are the key flavours in vodka?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Alcoholic Drinks market research database.
Table of Contents
Spirits in Dominican Republic - Category Analysis
PRODUCTION, IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
Spirits in Dominican Republic - Company Profiles
Cervecería Nacional Dominicana SA in Alcoholic Drinks (Dominican Republic)
- Summary 1 Cervecería Nacional Dominicana SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Cervecería Nacional Dominicana SA: Competitive Position 2014
J Armando Bermúdez & Co, C por A in Alcoholic Drinks (Dominican Republic)
- Summary 3 J Armando Bermúdez & CO, C Por A: Key Facts
Alcoholic Drinks in Dominican Republic - Industry Context
Economy grows by 7.1% in 2014
Tax rises continue in 2014
Producers rethink their strategies in the market
On-trade improves due to tourism and off-trade improves due to colmados
Market volume sales showed an improvement in 2014 due to economic recovery, but value sales grow as a result of price increases
TAXATION AND DUTY LEVIES
- Table 1 Taxation on Alcoholic Drinks 2014-2017
- Table 2 Taxation and Duty Levies on Alcoholic Drinks 2014
- Table 3 Typical Wholesaler and Retailer Off-trade Mark-ups by Selected Categories 2014
- Table 4 Selling Margin of a Typical Beer Brand in Retail Channel that uses Wholesalers 2014
- Table 5 Selling Margin of a Typical Wine Brand in Retail Channel that uses Wholesalers 2014
- Table 6 Selling Margin of a Typical Spirits Brand in Retail Channel that uses Wholesalers 2014
KEY NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- Summary 4 Key New Product Developments 2014
- Table 7 Retail Consumer Expenditure on Alcoholic Drinks 2009-2014
- Table 8 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2009-2014
- Table 9 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 11 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 12 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Volume 2014
- Table 13 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: Value 2014
- Table 14 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Volume 2014
- Table 15 Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category by Off-trade vs On-trade: % Value 2014
- Table 16 GBO Company Shares of Alcoholic Drinks: % Total Volume 2010-2014
- Table 17 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format: % Off-trade Value 2009-2014
- Table 18 Distribution of Alcoholic Drinks by Format by Category: % Off-trade Volume 2014
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Volume 2014-2019
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: Total Value 2014-2019
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Alcoholic Drinks by Category: % Total Value Growth 2014-2019
Published data comparisons
- Summary 5 Research Sources