- Spreads continues to recover from the economic crisis in 2015 and all categories are expected to record increasing volume and value sales. As most categories are mature already, limited innovation characterises spreads, and no significant event is affecting trends. Honey is expected to remain the biggest category within spreads accounting for 61% of total value sales; therefore, its performance significantly determines overall growth. Retail volume sales of spreads are expected to increase by an average of 1% in 2015 and increasing unit prices are also helping category growth, which is expected to reach 4% in current value terms.
- Klenáncz Méhészet Kft is expected to lead sales of spreads in 2015, accounting for 12% of total value sales. Klenáncz Méhészet is the top company within honey, which is the biggest category in spreads. The company’s products are available widely in most hypermarkets and supermarkets and in other grocery outlets as well. Aranynektár Kft will rank second with 9% value share due to the company’s popular honey products which help the company to reach the second position in honey. Ferrero Magyarország Kft will hold the third position due to Nutella, which is the best performing brand in chocolate spreads. Ferrero Magyarország Kft is expected to account for 8% of total value sales.
- Spreads is expected to record stable year on year growth in both volume and value terms over the forecast period. The negative effects of the public health tax have faded out and no outstanding price increases are expected that can threaten sales. Innovation will remain limited, as only small manufacturers are expected to launch new products and new niche international brands may enter HW spreads. Nevertheless steady growth is expected, since honey and jams and preserves are basic food products for most Hungarians; thus, the category is expected to record 3% value CAGR at constant 2015 prices between 2015 and 2020.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Spreads Market Research Report
Sample Spreads Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Spreads industry in Hungary with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Spreads industry in Hungary, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Spreads in Hungary market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Spreads in Hungary?
- What are the major brands in Hungary?
- How are manufacturers leveraging health and wellness trends like reduced sugar or organic sourcing?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Spreads in Hungary - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Spreads by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Spreads by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Spreads by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Spreads by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Jams and Preserves by Leading Flavours: Rankings 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Spreads: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Spreads: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Spreads by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Spreads by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Spreads by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Spreads by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Spreads by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Spreads in Hungary - Company Profiles
CBA Kereskedelmi Kft in Packaged Food (Hungary)
- Summary 1 CBA Kereskedelmi Kft: Key Facts
- Summary 2 CBA Kereskedelmi Kft: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 CBA Kereskedelmi Kft: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 4 CBA Kereskedelmi Kft: Competitive Position 2015
Tesco-Globál Áruházak Zrt in Packaged Food (Hungary)
- Summary 5 Tesco-Globál Áruházak Zrt: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Tesco-Globál Áruházak Zrt: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Tesco-Globál Áruházak Zrt: Competitive Position 2015
Univer Product Zrt in Packaged Food (Hungary)
- Summary 8 Univer Product Zrt: Key Facts
- Summary 9 Univer Product Zrt: Operational Indicators
- Summary 10 Univer Product Zrt: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Hungary - Industry Context
Packaged food continues to recover as economic conditions improve
Growing demand for convenience and healthy products
Strong competition sees producers focus on new product launches and innovation
Discounters see retail value share growth at the expense other modern formats
Lifestyle trends may support growth but producers face challenges
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Pricing and discounting remain key factors in packaged food
Branded manufacturers face growing competition from private label
Manufacturers see potential in health-conscious consumers
Packaged food benefits from urbanisation
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Trends: Sales to Foodservice
Trends: Consumer Foodservice
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 11 Research Sources